DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Laser Etching FAA#

Should you block out a portion of that number before posting? I'm not sure actually. Looks cool though

Bet ya could make some money offering this service to people... but a good point was made if one were to sell...
How did u do the drawing of your "mascot?"
Sorry wanted to say tweety bird.... that's what it looks like to me...

Reactions: Norb_DAIS
I used my wifes vinyl cutting thingy and made stickers, FAA, My phone, (other side same place)
And I also made some battery numbers. Pretty easy!IMG_0790.JPG IMG_0791.JPG

I should have added a smiley face ‘cause I was just teasing. That being said, I’m a little bit obsessive compulsive about things like that.
I am not. I used to line them up on top of my vertical file in order of use, so I would remember which one was next in rotation. Then I would shove them all off to one side in a pile to use the space for something. Then I couldnt tell them apart. Numbered, Now they get used equally!

ETA; Just to please your compulsiveness;
i used a digital caliper and measured it. It is .81 MM off to one side on that battery (or .032 Inches) Pretty good eye! :D

Dont think I'll be moving it over that .0151 inch!

Last edited:
That's pretty dope! I guess I have to be the dumb one to ask... Is it a norm to tag your birds FAA# on the device? Is that for using it professionally?

That's pretty dope! I guess I have to be the dumb one to ask... Is it a norm to tag your birds FAA# on the device? Is that for using it professionally?
That is the LAW! every drone over a half pound has to be registered. Pro or not.
Let me rephrase that. Every drone owner has to be registered, and his FAA# displayed on every bird he has over 1/2 pound.

That is the LAW! every drone over a half pound has to be registered. Pro or not.

No, I know it has to be registered, I think I just forgot it needs to be on the drone itself lol. Once you said that it clicked. Ill be sure to get it tagged as soon as its back from repairs :(

I used my wifes vinyl cutting thingy and made stickers, FAA, My phone, (other side same place)
And I also made some battery numbers. Pretty easy!View attachment 46550 View attachment 46551

Love the results on yours, thinking about doing the same on the front arms of the Drone, I’ll also add my number and reward if found thingie in case I lose my bird

Bet ya could make some money offering this service to people... but a good point was made if one were to sell...
How did u do the drawing of your "mascot?"
Sorry wanted to say tweety bird.... that's what it looks like to me...
I just pulled an image after searching. The character is "Chicken Hawk". It's an old Looney Toons character who used to antagonize Foghorn Leghorn...I'm old [emoji51]

Reactions: cdubNga
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde