Join Us Now

Last blast: Another DJI FPV drone sacrificed to the volcano’s wrath

MavicPilots News

Staff Member
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Untitled-design-85.png

We feel a bit like rubberneckers at a traffic accident: We just have to slow down and look. (Or, in this case, let the pilot slow things down in post-production.) It ain’t pretty – it’s gorgeous.

more…

The post Last blast: Another DJI FPV drone sacrificed to the volcano’s wrath appeared first on DroneDJ.

Continue reading...

Reactions: RMS001 and dirkclod
Wow. Sure hope he’s rich ?
Volcanoes of sure powerful.

thats what you call a local hot spot ,never underestimate the power of nature
sorry for your drone loss

Think that was done on purpose, typical YouTube commercial venture, views and advert revenue will more than cover it.
3 days, 63k views, will soon skyrocket as people link to it like here.

I's possible the heat so low contributed to some sort of flight malfunction, but previous such drone footage from many others, all be it at slightly more distance, seemed to be ok for a lot of passes.

That is one expensive sacrifice ?

Reactions: dirkclod
How did he get the footage off the drone if it was lost in such a way?
Ahh, he "took that one on the chin" ?

@dronelass the DJI FPV drone goggles can record video to sd card locally, so even if you lose the drone you have your footage.

Apparently in 1080, then upgraded to 4K ?
I've never tried converting video at all, not sure how one can do that from a lower res to higher one.

Apparently in 1080, then upgraded to 4K ?
I've never tried converting video at all, not sure how one can do that from a lower res to higher one.
When I play the video in 4k from youtube it doesn't appear to have any better level of detail than at 1080p, so that's what probably been done - 1080p original footage from the goggles SD card upscaled to 4k. See picture for a screengrab from the 4K and 1080p versions, showing no additional detail in the 4k version.

It is very easy to "upscale" video - simply import a 1080p clip into your video editor of choice and export/render the clip as 4k. It doesn't add in detail that wasn't there, just gives you a slightly pixelly/blurry 4k video. A low res 3Mpixel still image can be resized up to 12Mpixel in the same way.

Attachments

• volcano.jpg
    volcano.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members