DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latch your battery tightly.

Thunderdrones that is interesting. I had a ruff landing did not notice at first but both spring to the battery are jarred that it will not push the latches out. have you cracked open one of the batterys.

I have not cracked open a battery, but might do that when I get a chance.

I never liked the way the MP flexes when you push the battery down with the MP a table. When you hold it in your hands you can push the battery in hard and quick and make make sure both sides click into place.

Yes that's really the best way to do it. However, the Mavic is flexible, so inserting them on a table wont hurt it.

Me three. I bet a lot of Mavic owners are inserting the battery like that though.

Yes and thats why the Mavic wont suffer any damage if the battery is inserted the way I did it on the video. It is better to be holding the Mavic in your hand when inserting it though.

I have repaired countless Mavics, and have never had to replace a front arm because an arm got bent or broken from inserting the battery like I did. It's always been only because of a crash.

It is better to be holding the Mavic in your hand when inserting it though.
Yep -- I think we all agree on that one. It's interesting that you did not show the best method in your video. Perhaps this is a better what not to do video?

One time, after getting one of my batteries in place, the left side did not lock in completely. Which got me in the habit of placing my thumbs on the battery right over the locks and pressing evenly until I hear it click into place. Then checking to make sure both side are locked... and do not lift even a little bit off the Mavic body. This has worked out fantastic for my peace of mind before lift off. Well....
The other day, after going through all this, as I was placing my Lil' Dragon onto the launch pad, I 'felt' one side of the battery release. This brought to my attention how I was holding the MP when transporting to the launch pad. I didn't grab the release tab directly. The inner side of my thumb, while gripping the Mavic, put just enough pressure onto that tab to let it loose from it's lock! Glad I caught it before take off... I tend to re-check the battery locks (like I mentioned above) just before powering on now.
Just want to put this out here. Be mindful about how you're gripping your MP after your pre-flight check and moving it to the take off position. It very well my save you from a loss of power and dropping like a brick.

One time, after getting one of my batteries in place, the left side did not lock in completely. Which got me in the habit of placing my thumbs on the battery right over the locks and pressing evenly until I hear it click into place. Then checking to make sure both side are locked... and do not lift even a little bit off the Mavic body. This has worked out fantastic for my peace of mind before lift off. Well....
The other day, after going through all this, as I was placing my Lil' Dragon onto the launch pad, I 'felt' one side of the battery release. This brought to my attention how I was holding the MP when transporting to the launch pad. I didn't grab the release tab directly. The inner side of my thumb, while gripping the Mavic, put just enough pressure onto that tab to let it loose from it's lock! Glad I caught it before take off... I tend to re-check the battery locks (like I mentioned above) just before powering on now.
Just want to put this out here. Be mindful about how you're gripping your MP after your pre-flight check and moving it to the take off position. It very well my save you from a loss of power and dropping like a brick.

Im glad you caught it before takeoff.

Good info thanks

Good info thanks

You're welcome. Do you guys do any repair work or have any recommendations for repair shops in Canada? It would be good for some of our Canadian members to have a repair facility other than DJI itself in California to send their broken drones to.

Also are you going to be doing wraps for Sparks?

You're welcome. Do you guys do any repair work or have any recommendations for repair shops in Canada? It would be good for some of our Canadian members to have a repair facility other than DJI itself in California to send their broken drones to.

I have heard thatDr drones in Halifax N.S. Does repairs; and not sure yet about whether a market exists for the spark skins at this time.

I bought my Mavic and some Phantom supplies from these guys, and the service has been excellent. Hopefully, I won't need to try out their repair service!
Drone Repairs Canada

Good advice, i had been checking my batts as part of the preflight after seeing the first reports of total power loss in flight.

I insert the battery by pressing the two buttons and firmly inserting and then release them so I dont hear the two clicks but the battery is locked in place. I check it by pyshing it the battery upwards. I do so because that way you dont wear the plastic clamps on the battery and the mavic and that way they will last more than the 100 or 500 times of latching and unlatching... Anyone doing it that way? I have 4 batteries with 20 charges on each one and not a single problem...

why in the world would you put so much pressure on the Mavic arms? As someone who repairs Mavics I am shocked that you would insert the battery like that. And then to shake it! I understand from reading the threads above mine that it was for demo purposes only but I would have a hard time sending my drone in for a repair with you after watching this video. Just saying.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Distantdoc