DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest Air2S Manual?

Dbez1

107 Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I learn by reading manuals but I can’t find the latest version for my Air2S. Today I was experimenting with manual focus and certain objects appear to have a reddish color. The final photos appear normal. I can’t find this in my older manual so I’d appreciate a link to the most recent one. I have attached a screenshot of my situation. Thanks in advance. 351BE5F5-DDFC-412B-AC54-94C89842469F.png

I learn by reading manuals but I can’t find the latest version for my Air2S. Today I was experimenting with manual focus and certain objects appear to have a reddish color. The final photos appear normal. I can’t find this in my older manual so I’d appreciate a link to the most recent one. I have attached a screenshot of my situation.
The latest manual (still the first version) is here:

The red fringing showing on the screen is because you have enabled Focus Peaking in your camera settings.
Turn that off (it's not essential) and the red will go away.

The manual referenced is the first one, the new one version .06 has several changes and is available from DJI.com

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Focus Peaking in Red means everything in red is in focus , its a nice tool if your targeting your focus.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

The manual referenced is the first one, the new one version .06 has several changes and is available from DJI.com
It's hardly new (June 2021), but it was updated, so .06 is, indeed, the latest one. Link below.
However, I can't find the Focus Peaking setting in it either. Focus peaking is not specific to the Air 2S, so it is likely covered in separate Fly app manual, covering all the Fly app aircraft, except none exists.
Found this YT tutorial though.

At 10:31, you'll see this screen:

AD0F18D1-BC16-4A7C-86F3-7B5F89B5F305.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Not to be critical, but how much work would it take DJI to update the manual when they released a significant software or firmware update? It’s not like they would have to rewrite the whole manual. Otherwise, how do we learn about new things other than trial and error? UTube information seems very incomplete and is often geared toward either the new pilots. I do appreciate the fact that they are continuing to improve the platform though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929