DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest Firmware for Mavic Air 2 "Fly More" Package?

jclarkw

Reactions
This includes the Air 2 (of course) plus a rudamentary remote controller, RC231 (apparently also known as RC-N1). These units have both dropped off DJI's "support" Web pages, and I don't see any way to determine the latest firmware versions for them (other than updating, which begs the question).

Is there a repository of this information here (or anywhere that anyone has found)? -- jclarkw

Reactions: djwak59
This includes the Air 2 (of course) plus a rudamentary remote controller, RC231 (apparently also known as RC-N1). These units have both dropped off DJI's "support" Web pages, and I don't see any way to determine the latest firmware versions for them (other than updating, which begs the question).

Is there a repository of this information here (or anywhere that anyone has found)? -- jclarkw
AFAIK the RC-N1 is still in use with several DJI-dronetypes, maybe a bit less performant than RC Pro but still very usable. I have one here and use it with my M3 and M3Pro regularly

Starz -- Thanks! Two questions on this, if I may:
1) How did you get there? I can't find any route to "downloads" where I might search for such documents.
2) When I finally got DJI Assistant 2 to run a firmware update with my RC-231 (required updating Assistant itself), it told me, "Current V02.00.1200," but offered no updates -- see attached screen shot: Update Success.pngThis is not even close to the version you found on the release note! Am I still doing something wrong?
Regards -- jclarkw

Update: According to DJI, if I still don't see the fimware list in Assistant 2 after updating that app, "...please connect your PC to the mobile phone’s hotspot instead of your Home/Work Wi-Fi connection. Then launch the DJI Assistant 2, connect the RC, and check whether the firmware list can be loaded."

Unfortunately, I can't create a cell-phone hot spot here because we have no cell service at the house. I can't imagine what the problem might be with connecting through a router. Does anybody here know?

This is where all the hidden stuff hides. Research is best prior to updating anything that has a DJI name tag attached. Updates are NOT mandatory. If you find something in the release notes that you feel you can’t live without, click the button. If what you have is working well for what your intended use is, leave well enough alone.

This is where all the hidden stuff hides. Research is best prior to updating anything that has a DJI name tag attached. Updates are NOT mandatory. If you find something in the release notes that you feel you can’t live without, click the button. If what you have is working well for what your intended use is, leave well enough alone.
Sounds like words to the wise! -- jclarkw

There are some that will claim that my words are bunk. Your choice as to what direction to follow.

Last edited:
There are some that will claim the my words are bunk. Your choice as to what direction to follow.
I do believe what you post!

I also go with "If everything is doing fine for your purpose leave it alone!"

Old adage, "If it ain't broke - don't fix it!'

Reactions: Aairon and Starz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member