DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Latest update, seems to make Mav less stable

houseco

Reactions
I'm just curious if anyone has noticed the same thing. A few days ago, I tried out an iPad Air 2 (a bit large) and was forced to install a lengthy update for my Mavic Pro (about 150MB).

I didn't think much about it but diligently upgraded my Mav via the Go 4 app. But, after all was said and done, I took her out on a clear, virtually no wind evening and couldn't help but notice it seemed all over the place compared to the "very stable, with little movement" Mavic I'm used to.

It wasn't a worrisome flight by any means and went up to 300ft without too much camera movement. But, I'm used to my Mavic Pro, at 10 feet, being ridiculously stable with no sway. I was just curious if anyone else has noticed something similar with the latest update?

Mine is brand new but I updated and my first flight zero wind, drifted 4-6 feet all around!

Mine is brand new but I updated and my first flight zero wind, drifted 4-6 feet all around!

Are you using an Apple device or some other? I only ask, because I usually use my Pixel XL, but wanted something bigger for night flights. My iPad Air 2 is a bit on the large side, so I'll probably try an iPad Mini of some variant.

I'm just curious if firmware is device specific (Apple vs Android)? I doubt it is but the timing was exactly when I switched to the iPad and I fly daily almost.

But, prior to the update, I could launch up 10 feet (or 20 or 30) and she would be amazingly stable, not drifting at all. After the update, just at 10 feet, she seems to move around by a foot or so just hovering. Not very Mavic-like IMO.

Have had mine a couple weeks. Upgraded firmware out of the box. Calibrated compass and rock solid flying. No drifting at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Have had mine a couple weeks. Upgraded firmware out of the box. Calibrated compass and rock solid flying. No drifting at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thanks Anthony. I'll go recalibrate but I tend to do it almost every other flight since I'm often in transit and it's in a backpack. But, I'll get it out today, wind or no wind. Hopefully, it's just me being an overly observant idiot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fredguillot02