DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Launch and land on a table?

Mavic Maniac

Reactions
I've been launching and landing from a square plastic table I use for many of my rc toys. Anyone else try this? Any issues I should consider ( not crashing ) like not taking off at ground level? I don't think that should be an issue.

The only problems here would be (1) a metallic table registering as magnetic interference or (2) it is common for a little "hop" to happen when landing some drones by hand. If your hop sets it over the edge a little, prop damage or worse.

I have frequently launched my Phantom from a 5.5 inch deck railing... but I don't think the Mavic can sit on anything that narrow. I would land the Phantom on a glass top deck table with an aluminum frame without any problem... I suspect the Mavic can do that just as easily - but until the weather improves I won't be testing it.

So far it's worked well. This is a decent size square plastic table with metal legs but I haven't been getting any compass readings. The main reason I do it is to keep it clean vs. a ground or grass launch/landing.

I do the exact same thing. Bought a 36x36 table and land all my drones on it. I turned off intelligent landing as the mavic took over and landed on it own. That could have been bad as it was not centered and as mentioned, possible prop damage or worse.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear