DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Layover in China

OC604

Reactions
On my way to the Maldives and have a 19-hour Layover in China. Will I have any issues with my drone during my layover in China?

If you look at your maps application there will be RED dots all over the place as China has instituted a ton of No Fly Zones. If you are on updated firmware and the DJIGO 4 app is updated then there is a good chance you will not be allowed to takeoff within those zones.

Overpopulation at its best.

If you look at your maps application there will be RED dots all over the place as China has instituted a ton of No Fly Zones. If you are on updated firmware and the DJIGO 4 app is updated then there is a good chance you will not be allowed to takeoff within those zones.

Overpopulation at its best.
Thank you for the response, I was more worried about bringing the drone into China, I will not fly it there during my layover.

not a problem. they will (usually) check the batteries for their capacity. Unless you travel with something like 5+ batteries, there will be no issue. they don't care about the drone at all, only the batteries. (source: I live in China)

Reactions: OC604
No worries. Drones are made in China. Just keep spare bateries with you and drone with one battery in it inside your luggage if possible. Bateries need to go inside sealed bag like small cosmetics.

LIPO bags aren't required. I live in Hong Kong and carry my drone in and out of China (through Guangzhou) 2-3 times every month. Always as carry-on. No issues entering or leaving the country.
Flying it in China is another story though. I'm sure there's forums covering that topic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore