DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

lcd banding issues?

EnricoBrun

Reactions
hi guys, I immediately noticed in my new Osmo Action a very well known problem in the usually large LCDs, the ugly Banding with high backlight and dark environment, is this normal? thank you

Attachments

• 8C63B47A-AADF-4753-9303-FA0FF7CE11A3.jpeg
    8C63B47A-AADF-4753-9303-FA0FF7CE11A3.jpeg
    999.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 91F71053-5F59-4DE6-9B3B-9D121D5C80DC.jpeg
    91F71053-5F59-4DE6-9B3B-9D121D5C80DC.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 16
You might see that with aperture closed because the AGC (automatic gain control) may be on trying to increase the gain, introducing noise/slight banding.. Should be fine with a well exposed image.

thanks for the answer, but here is a classic lcd problem, I have the hand that cover the lens just to show the non-homogeneous backlight of the lcd, I just want to understand if your example suffers or mine is an isolated case . Thank you

kindly someone can help me to know if even your device at these lines or not !? Thank youThumbswayup

I have a black lens cap on and I see a pretty uniform dark gray purple looking screen. I think what matters is how it looks when showing a real image or when playing back video or a photo.

I have a black lens cap on and I see a pretty uniform dark gray purple looking screen. I think what matters is how it looks when showing a real image or when playing back video or a photo.
would you be so kind as to post a photo? thank you very much

Well, at magnification I do see stripes. I also see a reflection of my77030 cell phone's camera lens. I really don't notice in real life.

Well, at magnification I do see stripes. I also see a reflection of myView attachment 77030 cell phone's camera lens. I really don't notice in real life.
in the meantime I thank you so much for the time you dedicated to me, thank you, I see that your suffers (banding Lcd), i thought I was unique! I realized because I love to take night photos and timelapse and I immediately saw this defect! those who take pictures in broad daylight will never notice! It would be nice to know if someone else can put a picture so we know it's a common feature of all! thank you so much

..any other kind user can tell me how is his Osmo Action?
Thx

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60