DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaked images!

Stacked sensor is going to be a reality on this model - that's my prediction

DJI did right by added legs to the front in the interest of ground clearance

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
Sadly this drone makes no sense to me, other than the Mini 4 should have been called the Min 3 Pro Plus * with a fan symbol next to it. UGH.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
I hope it doesn't come with a fan - otherwise I could have saved a few hundred dollars 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lets not beat around the bush ,the Mini 4 pro ,is simply a mid life face lift ,to the original Mini 3 pro ,mainly to allow it to use the new 04,transmission system, in conjuction with the new controllers, and a small upgrade to the OA ,and auto flight modes
it will fly exactly the same as the Mini3 pro ,with regards to performance
and unless having the 04 and OA is such a big deal ,then if like me ,you already have a Mini 3 pro
your only reason for buying the Mini 4 pro, is simply to have the latest version of the Mini line up

I've been flying my 'antique' Mavic 2 with a Samsung tablet that's a whole lot larger screen than the integrated controller they keep pushing. I've been anticipating this new guy for some time. If I were to buy a 4 Pro, they'd better offer it with a plain-Jane controller version, otherwise it's a no-go. (And, yes, I've a RID module on back order.)

I've been flying my 'antique' Mavic 2 with a Samsung tablet that's a whole lot larger screen than the integrated controller they keep pushing. I've been anticipating this new guy for some time. If I were to buy a 4 Pro, they'd better offer it with a plain-Jane controller version, otherwise it's a no-go. (And, yes, I've a RID module on back order.)
DJI has said that they will release a firmware update for the Mavic Air 2 that enables RID no later than December 31, 2023. You probably don't need a separate module.

@projectarjun while the addition of the front leg extentions,may lift the drone slightly higher off the ground ,actually their main purpose is to house the antennas ,for better orientation between the drone and the RC to improve signal stability

…. and a small upgrade to the OA ,and auto flight modes
it will fly exactly the same as the Mini3 pro ,with regards to performance
and unless having the 04 and OA is such a big deal ,…
It looks to me like the OA here does sideways obstacle avoidance.

Arguably, side-looking OA is the most important, at least for me, as side-tracking moves are a huge part of cinema work.

And also, I may be biased, as my first week of being a drone pilot, it was a sideways move that got me stuck in a tree….😳

The camera housing looks identical to the Mini 3 Pro. Hopefully my filters will still fit.

@NightFlightAlright ,my reference to it flying the same as the Mini 3 pro ,was purely with regard to its flight envelope during manual flight ,to be perfectly honest with you ,all DJI drones with 4 motors and a flight controller ,fly identically ,its only the added auto features and OA aids that make them different ,plus of course their difference in size and weight ,they still all fly ,using two counter clockwise rotating fixed pitch props ,and two clockwise rotating fixed pitch props

Reactions: NightFlightAlright
@NightFlightAlright ,my reference to it flying the same as the Mini 3 pro ,was purely with regard to its flight envelope during manual flight ,to be perfectly honest with you ,all DJI drones with 4 motors and a flight controller ,fly identically ,its only the added auto features and OA aids that make them different ,plus of course their difference in size and weight ,they still all fly ,using two counter clockwise rotating fixed pitch props ,and two clockwise rotating fixed pitch props

That and the camera. The Mini 4 pro has a camera that will do 10 bit D-log, and has extended night features (though I get some pretty good night images with the Mini 3 pro). While 3 pro has 10 bit "cinestyle" it leaves a bit to be desired compared to a true log output,

Aside from the camera and the OA, I don't care much about any "automated" features. Maybe hyperlapse, which I've used exactly one time...

And certainly, if I were to set aside the $5000 for it, I'd upgrade to the Mavic Cine version with the Hasselblad camera. But in the meantime, a Mini 4 pro (aircraft only, I have enough controllers) I could see as a worthwhile purchase for me, especially if the camera takes the same size filters.

@NightFlightAlright i presume then, that you have an Air 3, as the Mini 4, is going to use the new 04 transmission system, which doesnt appear compatable with older controllers right now, only with the new RC2, or RC N2,

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer