DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leap of Faith

minipilotmda

Reactions
I started this drone journey with the DJI mini. I sold that at bought a DJI mini2. I want to make a real jump and the Mavic 3 Classic seams like the leap I have been waiting to make. I woulde love to hear about anyone else that made a substantial upgrade (money aside). Tell me your story. Thanks

Why do you want to do this?
What would the Mavic 3 offer you that the Mini 2 does not?
Would the Mini 3 be a better option?

I know it's very easy to get sucked into the mindset of "the newest thing is best" but be truthful to yourself in the answers to the above questions.
Plus WAIT AND SEE what teething troubles emerge and how long they take to be sorted out.

Reactions: minipilotmda
I started this drone journey with the DJI mini. I sold that at bought a DJI mini2. I want to make a real jump and the Mavic 3 Classic seams like the leap I have been waiting to make. I woulde love to hear about anyone else that made a substantial upgrade (money aside). Tell me your story. Thanks
Classic 3 : Cruise Control : Some Zoom and able to Handle Strong Winds and when Geared up with the Wet Suit and Rescue Jacket a perfect balance to capture the Storms and float on the Water , not to mention the longer flight times.

Gear to fly your Mavic 3 Classic in the Rain. Land on the Water
Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ex Coelis
Why do you want to do this?
Would the Mini 3 be a better option?

I know it's very easy to get sucked into the mindset of "the newest thing is best" but be truthful to yourself in the answers to the above questions.
Plus WAIT AND SEE what teething troubles emerge and how long they take to be sorted out.
That is certainly my approach. Thanks

Man, what a boring answer above. Ha. I started with a Mini, sold it for a Mini 2, bought an Air 2, sold Air 2 when Air 2S came out, Sold Air 2S to buy the Air 2S combo with RC Pro, sold mini 2 for the Mini 3 Pro, bought Avata, bought Mavic 3 Classic, sold Air 2S. I think that covers it. If you're interested to try the Mavic 3 and you enjoy the hobby and have the means try it. At worst you sell it giving up a little money and try something else or just dont. I am practical about a lot of things so that I dont have to be with my hobby. I have at this point Avata, Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3C and feel just fine with them. Each has a different use for me. If you dont have hobby funds set aside and it would put you out then consider the Mini 3 Pro, it's a really good little drone that I enjoy as much as any I have had.

Reactions: Sunny Coast Mini 2
Man, what a boring answer above. Ha. I started with a Mini, sold it for a Mini 2, bought an Air 2, sold Air 2 when Air 2S came out, Sold Air 2S to buy the Air 2S combo with RC Pro, sold mini 2 for the Mini 3 Pro, bought Avata, bought Mavic 3 Classic, sold Air 2S. I think that covers it. If you're interested to try the Mavic 3 and you enjoy the hobby and have the means try it. At worst you sell it giving up a little money and try something else or just dont. I am practical about a lot of things so that I dont have to be with my hobby. I have at this point Avata, Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3C and feel just fine with them. Each has a different use for me. If you dont have hobby funds set aside and it would put you out then consider the Mini 3 Pro, it's a really good little drone that I enjoy as much as any I have had.
I am a big fan of that answer. I just bought the mini 3 and the avata is on the horizon! Thank you.

If you want to pick the M3, pick the one with the telephoto, zooming around never gets old.

I sold my mini2 and bought a mini 3 pro. I'll see what is on the horizon. Hopefully a larger leap next time.
I think that was a pretty good step, there are many things different between the two that you will enjoy. I have my bigger drone but when I travel or take a drone cycling I take the mini 3. Just easier to work with and 90% of people would not know what drone was used if you show them the footage.

For me... excellent low light of a micro-4/3 sensor and 10-bit video recording, 40+ min flight time.

Though an Air 2S is a pretty healthy jump from a Mini 2 including 10-bit video as well. The Mini 3 can do the same in Cinelike D profile, and have near 40 min flight time with the extended battery, but may have a little less handling.

The Air 2S though can use third party apps having an SDK released for it. The Mavic 3 nor the Mini 3 Pro has an SDK yet, and the Mavic 3 (not counting the Enterprise version) won't likely get an SDK unless DJI changes their mind.

For me... excellent low light of a micro-4/3 sensor and 10-bit video recording, 40+ min flight time.

Though an Air 2S is a pretty healthy jump from a Mini 2 including 10-bit video as well. The Mini 3 can do the same in Cinelike D profile, and have near 40 min flight time with the extended battery, but may have a little less handling.

The Air 2S though can use third party apps having an SDK released for it. The Mavic 3 nor the Mini 3 Pro has an SDK yet, and the Mavic 3 (not counting the Enterprise version) won't likely get an SDK unless DJI changes their mind.
You're leaving yourself short. You have a full 4/3 sensor which is slightly larger than a micro but we follow. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ygdrasil