DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learning about Mavic Air.

theoaristi53

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I am buying a new mavic air drone next month, and at this moment I am learning as much as I can about its controls, settings, features etc through tutorials. The only thing that worries me is that fly away problem. Does it often happen? Is it because of wind? No GPS connection causing it to fly in ATTI mode or whatever is called? And what to do when it happens? Will it return home if you set that RTH at the beginning? Look at this guy for example.

That's really scary.

Sorry for those questions, but I want to treat the drone as professional as possible.

Reactions: naiku and JSKCKNIT
I'm not sure I've ever read about a flyaway that wasn't avoidable / user error - you'll never have to worry about that if you fly responsibly.

Reactions: Mike Shock
What exactly is ‘responsibly’ ? More importantly what is irresponsibly ?

If you have to ask questions like that, you probably have a lot of reading / practicing to do (I don't mean that in a negative way - learning is part of the fun) ;) Thumbswayup

There are no fly aways in my experience. Of course it can happen but use common sense and you will be fine

Reactions: theoaristi53
There are no fly aways in my experience. Of course it can happen but use common sense and you will be fine
I have my Mavic air since the end of April and didn't experience any issue. The only annoying thing I can find is that restricted zone issue.

What exactly is ‘responsibly’ ? More importantly what is irresponsibly ?
Responsible mostly means: use your brain when flying!

# Do not rely on the technic, it can fail, so keep an eye on the drone (VLOS)
# Do not consider rules only to aply to others, even if you think you are above them, they still doe aply to you
# Don't push the limits unless you have unlimited money and/or a good insurance and a good lawyer

Or to say it simple: If you think before you fly about where to fly and then continue thinking as you fly, being aware of the environment you fly in, you will act responsible.

And about the fly aways: Those from which I have seen and heard reports were up to 99% at least partially related to pushing the limits to far.

Reactions: Mike Shock
You should fly in the Beginner Mode (with restrictions) until you get enough flying experience.

Reactions: Dakarenduro
You should fly in the Beginner Mode (with restrictions) until you get enough flying experience.
Better yet go buy a $40 Syma X5 and learn to fly that. it is virtually unbreakable and a **** ton of fun. No gps so you will HAVE to learn how to actually fly manually. When you have that down you will be ready for most types of flight problems you could experience. Makes you a more skilled pilot iin my opinion.

Click here for a SYMA X5C drone I'm talking about. Lots of fun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent