DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leaving DSAR after June 8.

Former Member

Reactions
I have put an enormous amount of time and effort into the DSAR and it is with great sadness that I announce my withdrawal from the organization after the June 8 Georgia meeting.

The group is in Great hands with Bob, and now @clackey has given free Approved Vendorship to the organization for an unlimited number of years, both here and on Commercial pilots, so it will be able to grow without being burdened with a monthly bill for membership here. I hope @clackey will also try to raise money and interest for the group as I have so diligently and selflessly done for the past year. Maybe he could even show up for a meeting some time.

Hopefully someone more qualified than me can step up as soon as possible to assume my duties with the organization. (hint hint to a fantastic moderator here who will remain nameless, but you know who you are. You know more about SAR than anyone here)

Best regards to everyone.

Rob Schwartz

Reactions: Bobvt and Hawkwind
Rob, What the heck?
Just like that?
Did you guys have a fight?

No fight or disagreements. Rob just felt it was time to move on. The Board is sad to see him go and thanks him for all he's done in getting DSAR off the ground. While no longer on the Board, he will remain on the DSAR registry, filling a vital role.

We’ve asked someone else who is eminently qualified to come on the board and he’s thinking it over.

Last edited:
Can I look forward to your help on June 8th? It might not be that big of a deal but I just wanna make sure everything runs smoothly and you were a big help at the last meeting.
Absolutely Rob. Need you ask? Just been busy and caught up with stuff.
Gonna charge up the batteries and plan to fly the drone and the airplane tomorrow. Maybe I can fly over and see you. :)
Nice flying day tomorrow with near calm winds. Is there an airport near where you are where I can land and meet?

Absolutely Rob. Need you ask? Just been busy and caught up with stuff.
Gonna charge up the batteries and plan to fly the drone and the airplane tomorrow. Maybe I can fly over and see you. :)
Nice flying day tomorrow with near calm winds. Is there an airport near where you are where I can land and meet?

Yes sir! KLZU, I think its a Class D! Be happy to buy you a meal.

Reactions: Aviator
Lets do it! Be there well before lunch time and we can go somewhere and fly the drones. !!!!
Flight time will be less than an hour.

Lets do it! Be there well before lunch time and we can go somewhere and fly the drones. !!!!
Flight time will be less than an hour.

I can pick you up at the airport, and we can practice formation flying. Then we just need Bob and a couple of others next week. Great idea!

Dance... Step... and retreat?

More like, plan, prepare, plan some more, draw attention to DSAR, meet with people, promote, create a slideshow, give away promotional material, get 30 people together, teach them how to use Litchi, fly missions, search for victims, create a 501c3, open bank accounts and Paypal accounts, help people plan for their next meeting, and so on.

What have you done this morning my buddy @Simmo?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147