DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Length of video

7bonedrone7

Reactions
I am really new at this so I'm asking you more experienced pilots. I have an SD card with small storage size in my mini right now because that's all I have at the moment. Does that affect the length of the video that it will take. All my video seem to stop after maybe 15 seconds or so. Techy stuff is not my thing so I could use some help.
Thanks

What brand, speed, size is the micro SDHC you are using ?
Did that come with the mini ?
Are you shooting 2.7k or a lower resolution ?

15 seconds is not right, and no micro SDHC would fill that fast anyway, unless using a very old / smaller storage type.

Make sure you are using a good quality card, Sandisk Extreme (or Extreme Pro) . . . look for U3, class 10, V30.
32gb or 64gb is ample, you are better to have 2 or 3 smaller ones, and rotate to ensure you don't lose good photos / video if you lose the drone, or have a corrupt card at some magical place and miss the video / photo op.

15 seconds is not right, and no micro SDHC would fill that fast anyway, unless using a very old / smaller storage type.

Make sure you are using a good quality card, Sandisk Extreme (or Extreme Pro) . . . look for U3, class 10, V30.
32gb or 64gb is ample, you are better to have 2 or 3 smaller ones, and rotate to ensure you don't lose good photos / video if you lose the drone, or have a corrupt card at some magical place and miss the video / photo op.
It is a kingston 8 gb card and I believe I was shooting 2.7. This is just a sd card I found in my house . it was never used before but I don't know how old it is. I plan on getting a few good ones but just trying to figure out all this stuff ahead of time. Thanks for your help

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
It is a kingston 8 gb card and I believe I was shooting 2.7. This is just a sd card I found in my house . it was never used before but I don't know how old it is. I plan on getting a few good ones but just trying to figure out all this stuff ahead of time. Thanks for your help
Your card is an old one and too slow.
A faster modern one will fix the issue.

My Wife had an Old slow Card in her Camera and if she took to pictures in a row, the first picture would only be half there. The entire bottom of the picture would basically be blank. She had a heck of a time trying to figure out what was happening. I put a new fast card in and bingo! Snap as many as you like!

Did you format the card XFat vs. Fat32?
. That's way over my head. I did click format on the Dji fly app, that's all I know. I am ordering 1 or 2 good micro SD cards though.

Reactions: pelagic_one
. That's way over my head. I did click format on the Dji fly app, that's all I know. I am ordering 1 or 2 good micro SD cards though.

No worries, it's probably just that old/ small card you were using, not enough capability.
The Sandisk are one that DJI recommend, I think for the mini they say 32gb is fine, 64gb is still ok though.
It's the other speeds etc that will make the difference.

Small steps, google search or ask here if that doesn't help.

No worries, it's probably just that old/ small card you were using, not enough capability.
The Sandisk are one that DJI recommend, I think for the mini they say 32gb is fine, 64gb is still ok though.
It's the other speeds etc that will make the difference.

Small steps, google search or ask here if that doesn't help.
Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan