DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let's Be Nicer?

I agree but afraid it’s almost the norm in this forum compared to our other 14. Since the Mini has arrived
and all the new first time flyers have arrived it has seemed to get worse and why the ignore feature was added.
I hear what you’re saying and see it but afraid if more don’t
start reporting staff can’t stop it. One thing we don’t tolerate
and is in our guidelines is rudeness.
See it Report it.
I'll report. I am thrilled to have found this forum. ?

When I first signed on there was thread where two 'members' spent multiple posts arguing some point with a lot of 'you didn't' - 'that's wrong' derogatory posts. DM that stuff so WE don't have to suffer through it. Thankfully I found the helpful stuff before getting soured.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Hmmm...@mayloc1, since if you quit 3-days after signing up, with a sign up date of Dec 27, 2019, how is it that, after more than two weeks you are still posting rude comments? I'm confused??
Oh he’s not still posting those. :)

Looking at the lost drone threads.... they're pretty depressing. Not just because someone has just lost an expensive drone that they've either worked hard for or really looked forward to getting, but because of the reactions they get from other people.

I think generally, when someone comes on here with a lost drone story they're looking for help and they get it (there are some great people offering help with flight logs etc). They're probably a bit embarrassed about any mistakes they made, so use the term 'flyaway' not knowing any better. But, it seems some people really like to make them feel even worse and love pointing out it was their fault - not just once, they get it multiple times from multiple people - even when they've admitted they made a mistake.

If I was new and I read some of the reactions it would put me off joining in. Maybe we could all (including me) be a little more understanding, and a little kinder to those looking for help?

So you say this but then....

It is smart enough. You had multiple warnings on battery temperature. You ignored them. Also, you should have known not to fly in those conditions- that’s your responsibility.

So you start a topic criticising people for highlighting owners that it was their fault but you're doing exactly what you're telling others not to do, the OP in the thread above had already been told several times it was their fault and accepted that saying they would try to be more careful in future. While I realise you do include yourself in your opening post I still think it's ridiculous to be tearing into other users yourself and then make a post like this, it beggars belief. Perhaps it would be more convincing if you could get your own house in order first and it's truly baffling if you think this behaviour is off putting that you do it yourself.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
So you say this but then....

So you start a topic criticising people for highlighting owners that it was their fault but you're doing exactly what you're telling others not to do, the OP in the thread above had already been told several times it was their fault and accepted that saying they would try to be more careful in future. While I realise you do include yourself in your opening post I still think it's ridiculous to be tearing into other users yourself and then make a post like this, it beggars belief. Perhaps it would be more convincing if you could get your own house in order first and it's truly baffling if you think this behaviour is off putting that you do it yourself.
I’m hardly tearing into people...

Wow, a little odd that you went through my post history, it’s as if you want a confrontation - but, yeah - you’re right.

That's why in my original post I said 'Maybe we could all (including me) be a little more understanding, and a little kinder to those looking for help?'.

As I mentioned in another reply, it’s something we’ve been working on within my place of work. After some reflection I'd realised I could do better, so I thought I’d share that and try and encourage other people to do the same.
(eta dunno why everything is in bold.....)

Last edited:
@dirkclod

Time to just throw our hands in the air dude. People can’t even be nice in a “Be Nice” thread.

@Lastrexking thank you for including yourself in your OP of this thread for being guilty of being harsh in the past and for stating you plan to be more understanding in the future. Good job fielding the response by @Johnmcl7, and not lashing out in return.

GEt off my lawn!!

Last edited:
I read a lot of threads and got an understanding of what was happening well be fore I joined up here. There are some extremely informed members that can offer invaluable advice.
There are also some members that don't.
What frustrates quite a number of people is that the first post and the first interaction some new members have with the group is when they paid for a toy, said tow did something they did not like, they want to vent.
What many people that buy a DJI product do not fully understand is the amazing features and awesome ability to take footage that only a few years ago was unthinkable, comes with the expectation of the community that the new owner should first have to understand the dangers and responsibility needed before undertaking this task.
If you buy a horse, before you go jumping on it's back and thinking you are going to be John Wayne, you should at least try and work out what you need to know, not to get hurt.

People do not do that with a drone. charge it up, turn it on, away you go, ooooopppppssss.

I just wanted to say that a couple of recent threads reminded me why I stick around.

1) a guy from Turkey, in broken English (better than my Turkish, so no problem there) crashed his drone. A few early responses blamed him completely, and some were overly critical, but the tides turned and sar104 eventually figured out it was an aircraft error (maybe contributed to by the flight conditions, but ultimately a hardware error) and I‘d like to think everyone hugged and made up afterward.

2) another post involved someone from (Indonesia, I think) having problems with a drone few of us have ever heard of (a “global drone gd891080”).Instead of telling him to go away, everybody tried to help him.

I just wanted to say that a couple of recent threads reminded me why I stick around.

2) another post involved someone from (Indonesia, I think) having problems with a drone few of us have ever heard of (a “global drone gd891080”).Instead of telling him to go away, everybody tried to help him.

I saw that yesterday- it was brilliant.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
If the main “issue” is the flood of new mini pilots, why not create a separate forum just for them? The mini is so cheap that there are probably more of them than all the other DJI drones put together.

edit - I do not have a mini, just a suggestion.

If the main “issue” is the flood of new mini pilots, why not create a separate forum just for them? The mini is so cheap that there are probably more of them than all the other DJI drones put together.

There is a separate Mavic Mini section in this global Mavic Pilots forum. It would suffice if used by MM pilots, certainly for now.
Appreciate your suggestion.

One for the staff to answer really. But, there is a section specifically for the MM, and the drone is a Mavic.... Besides which, it’s nice to have the benefit of the experience of all the other members already here ?

My first post was about how well some inexpensive Chinese phones worked for me as I purchased one for each of my DJI drones. And they still work well years later I might add and now I have 5 of them - one for each drone ready to go on the fly. But someone jumped all over me claiming I was probably a fake post being a manufacturer plant from China. To my surprise others came & supported me and the person never came back. That was 3 years ago and I'm still here and come back weekly. This forum is very helpful and I've learned a lot. But I agree that some like to jump on the messenger and you wonder how many viewers have decided not to subject themselves to it and some helpful info was never shared.

Red type are edits by moderator. DM

Last edited by a moderator:
Well glad your still here and see threads that are like that
after the fact. There again if that report button had been hit
when it started staff could have stepped in and stopped it.
What most members don’t understand is we have way more
non members reading here than members. They won’t join because of such. Ever since our first forum..PhantomPilots..
was started we have done our best to keep it family friendly
but staff as much as we try can’t read everything posted.
Again is why I say report such. Can’t say it enough.
Now I better stop before I start ranting but do believe when
we see it we try to stop it. :)

Where to you look to see your "Warning Points?"
You would get a warning notice but don’t think you would
see the points. Other than when you get so many you
couldn't post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members