DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lets talk about where you *CAN* fly BVLOS

So what happens when a bird brings down a commercial drone delivery vehicle and bodily injury is incurred? Who will be held accountable then? Will the FAA clamp down on these services? Will the drones owner be held liable and subject to lawsuits. Before I fly my MM 2 I scan the skies for large birds. I have on two occasion, once with an eagle and once with a hawk, have had my fixed wing RC aircraft chased and required evasive action. Eagles in particular (who can blend in with vultures) seem to be BVLOS and come out of nowhere and getting a glider down quickly is not an easy feat. If one of these delivery drones crash on my property do I get to keep the 4K 50” tv it’s delivering?

So what happens when a bird brings down a commercial drone delivery vehicle and bodily injury is incurred? Who will be held accountable then? Will the FAA clamp down on these services? Will the drones owner be held liable and subject to lawsuits. Before I fly my MM 2 I scan the skies for large birds. I have on two occasion, once with an eagle and once with a hawk, have had my fixed wing RC aircraft chased and required evasive action. Eagles in particular (who can blend in with vultures) seem to be BVLOS and come out of nowhere and getting a glider down quickly is not an easy feat. If one of these delivery drones crash on my property do I get to keep the 4K 50” tv it’s delivering?
This is no different to the scenario where a bird or birds bring down a manned aircraft. No speculation required.

This forum is saturated with threads about the issues and abuses of flying beyond visual line of sight. I propose we talk about where we can, legally and safely, fly BVLOS. I've been lucky to have flown for a couple of non-profits in various parts of the world where the FAA or other country's regulations do not apply, or where the study permit allow it, and where it is safe to do so. In most cases, flying BVLOS is the only way to document the subject of the study, but is only done in areas of the world where there are no people, airline flights, or airports. Where do you fly BVLOS or believe you can do so? Please keep it civil and just add productive suggestions...

Four miles out the in Pacific Garbage Patch:
Remember just because you doesn’t mean you should. I learned flying bvlos the hard way. (One of my props flew off)

Canada has for a few years delivered many things up North. Medicines and such. If a downward prop wash was a problem then they would not be doing it. You guys need to start looking outside of the box.

My guess would be that small costly urgent items would be a good fit for drone delivery, eg medicines. Don’t think pizza fits that qualification. (Except for urgent 🙂).

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929