DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lg G6 connection trouble

Got the same issues with my LG G6. Tried several options (USB debug on/off, remove autostart, reset before connect, etc,...) But when I finally can open the app and fly I realize that after some time, the image gets frozen or the app simply closes automatically when the aircraft is quite far away.
I don't want to downgrade to the previous Android version as I'm not expert on it. So I will not risk this expensive drone and I'll sell my current smartphone to buy one of the "recommended devices" from the list provided by the DJI assistance.
Any suggestion?

Hi there,

So I'm a LG G6 user and the connection between RC and phone is unstable...or rather stable for a longer while and after that it begins to disconect and connect until it disconnects for good. I'm not sure, the port in my phone may be damaged, but f.e. charging causes no trouble at all...

Btw flying on my gf's Samsung S9 plus works just perfectly.

Any suggestions?

Hi there,

So I'm a LG G6 user and the connection between RC and phone is unstable...or rather stable for a longer while and after that it begins to disconect and connect until it disconnects for good. I'm not sure, the port in my phone may be damaged, but f.e. charging causes no trouble at all...

Btw flying on my gf's Samsung S9 plus works just perfectly.

Any suggestions?

It isn’t a fault of your USB port, DJI never solved this issue! I can just suggest you to read post before, or better use your Samsung S9 !
Best regards!

It isn’t a fault of your USB port, DJI never solved this issue! I can just suggest you to read post before, or better use your Samsung S9 !
Best regards!

Before i bought mavic air I've seen literally hundreds of videos about this topic and not a single person mentioned this compatibility problem including DJI... I'm a bit disappointed and have trust issues... when big companies screw something up, they just draw water in mouth and pretend it's all fine though... not nice

Now, indeed, I got to purchase that new samsung, I guess

Resgards!

Before i bought mavic air I've seen literally hundreds of videos about this topic and not a single person mentioned this compatibility problem including DJI... I'm a bit disappointed and have trust issues... when big companies screw something up, they just draw water in mouth and pretend it's all fine though... not nice

Now, indeed, I got to purchase that new samsung, I guess

Resgards!

I think the best choose, could be a second hand iPhone or mini iPad !
Best regards

Best regards!
The problem is not DJI... it's LG !
I have the mavic pro and have the same issue with my "LG G6 and old" LG G5 (both on android 8)-> it perfectly worked with android 7 so i downgraded my LG G5 to android 7.
Note that i had connexion issues on android 8 with thoses LG's phones with my previous beebop 2 and skycontoller 2 ^^ .That's why i conclude it's a LG issue and not a specific DJI issue...

UPDATE #3 to Plujesz's method

I tried this method with my LG G5 running Nougat and it doesn't work. I like the idea of it, and it seems to work initially in that it gets my phone to calm down after repeatedly detecting and alerting me to a USB connection, but the connection that it finally stabilizes is just the charging mode connection. If I select file-transfer then it goes haywire again and keeps repeatedly detecting a connection, forcing me to switch debugging on and off again. I guess the LG G5 running Nougat is incapable of connecting to the controller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots