DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LG G7

thebigbaddan

Reactions
Anyone have the LG G7? Thinking of upgrading my LG G6 for that super bright screen... 700 nits, can spike to 1000 nits for 3 minutes....

My LG G6 screen cracked, so I either need to repair it, or just put that cheddar towards a new phone.

Signed up just to reply to this after seeing it on Google - but I have had nothing but problems with my LG G7 and DJI products.

Both my Mavic and P3S are entirely unusable with the LG G7 - the live video feed is extremely laggy (in the scale of a few seconds, you can 360 rotate both aircraft and not even see the image move...). The issue is serious enough that it's simply unusable, I have actually kept my LG G5 just so I have a device I can fly them with!

The Mavic seems slightly better in terms of lag, but it's still far from usable. The P3S doesn't even connect to the G7 half of the time unfortunately.

The display on the LG G7 is super though, so hopefully some support/updates from DJI will resolve the issue. Only thing to keep in mind about the display is the aspect ratio, its a thin and long display so you might well notice you don't get the full frame in the live feed video, can't say it's a major issue compared to the fact it literally doesn't work though.

Just wanted to reply before you went out and purchased one only to be disappointed!

I've had severe issues with the LG G7 ThinQ flying with the Mavic 2 Pro (all updated with latest firmware at the time of this writing). Sometimes I can fly with no issues, but randomly there are very bad connection issues, and the app just loses connection to the Drone. I've tried fiddling with the cord, restarting the drone/controller/phone multiple times, making sure it's fully plugged in, etc. If the GPS home point was not stored, I would be totally screwed. As it happens, once you lose connection, the drone thankfully returns to the home point and lands automatically.

I've tried flying with 2 different USB cords with the controller to phone, and was having issues with both. I then REPLACED the phone through Verizon, and still the brand new phone is having issues. At this point I have no idea if the drone and/or controller is a lemon, or if there are systemic issues between the drone and the LG G7. Next step is to buy an Ipod Touch and see if it's OK -- I have heard that Apple products work much better with DJI drones.

You mentioned RTH. The phone would have little to do with signal between RC and AC. You can even fly without the app or a phone connected (though height and distance would be restricted).

There's a difference between app/phone disconnect, and signal loss.

You mentioned RTH. The phone would have little to do with signal between RC and AC. You can even fly without the app or a phone connected (though height and distance would be restricted).

There's a difference between app/phone disconnect, and signal loss.

Let me be more clear -- the RTH occurs AFTER the app/phone loses connection -- I understand that RTH has nothing to do with the app/phone connection.

I never said there was a loss of signal -- the GPS signal is fine. The problem is with the connection from the phone to the RC -- and I think it has something to do with the USB-C port on the phone. It is also a possibility that the port on the RC is bad, since I have tried two different cords AND two different phones. I think it's either a systemic manufacturing defect with the LG G7, or I have a bad RC with my Mavic 2 Pro. Any ideas?

Right, you said it RTHed after losing connection, which one could infer fail-safe RTH occured. Of course fail-safe is when RC and AC lose connection, which is unrelated to RC/app connection.

Ah I see, so you're implying it is an issue with the RC. I wonder how good DJI customer service is...

Given I am having the exact same issues on a P3P, I'd be very suprised to learn this is an issue with the drone or RC itself. The issue, in my experience and opinion, is entirely on the app side. DJI simply haven't extended support to the G7 architecture yet; Lichi and other third party apps still suffer these issues.

Given I am having the exact same issues on a P3P, I'd be very suprised to learn this is an issue with the drone or RC itself. The issue, in my experience and opinion, is entirely on the app side. DJI simply haven't extended support to the G7 architecture yet; Lichi and other third party apps still suffer these issues.

Well, it's nice to know I'm not alone.

I'm considering buying an Ipod Touch to use exclusively with our company drone, as I have heard the DJI app works better with iOS than Android. Any thoughts on that?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+