DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Liability insurance Netherlands

Reactions
Hi, I've recently moved to the Netherlands with my Mavic Pro and I'm trying to be a responsible pilot. Dutch law states that to fly a drone (even for recreational use), you must have public liability insurance. I'm struggling to find an insurance company that covers this. Can any of the Dutch members point me in the right direction?

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi, I've recently moved to the Netherlands with my Mavic Pro and I'm trying to be a responsible pilot. Dutch law states that to fly a drone (even for recreational use), you must have public liability insurance. I'm struggling to find an insurance company that covers this. Can any of the Dutch members point me in the right direction?
Howdy from Wyoming @camerasonproductions , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Commercial or hobby? I have a commercial insurance in NL.
I could dig up the details if you want.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Best of luck with your insurance, fly safe and have fun!

Hi, Thanks for replying so quickly. I found an insurer for commercial use, but at the moment I'm just flying recreationally.

Hi, Thanks for replying so quickly. I found an insurer for commercial use, but at the moment I'm just flying recreationally.
If it's the same in the Netherlands as it is in the UK, you might find it difficult to find liability insurance if you're just flying recreationally. Here in the UK, I'm pretty sure (though I'm willing to be corrected) that you can't get liability insurance unless you hold a PFCO (Part 107 equivalent in the USA) and fly professionally.......

Reactions: BigRob
If it's the same in the Netherlands as it is in the UK, you might find it difficult to find liability insurance if you're just flying recreationally. Here in the UK, I'm pretty sure (though I'm willing to be corrected) that you can't get liability insurance unless you hold a PFCO (Part 107 equivalent in the USA) and fly professionally.......
No, you can get PLI as a recreational user. I use photoguard with PLI up to a million.

Hello all,

Hope you’re doing well.

I have recently moved to the Netherlands and planning to buy a DJI Spark for my personal use. Is there any requirements or I can buy and use it in the Netherlands? My intentions are to use it for nature/aerial photography.

Where to get best drone liability insurance?

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards!

Hey there, new here too. I am from the Netherlands. I just did a quick search for you in dutch..
If you use your drone for recreational purposes it is not mandatory to have a liability insurance, Although it is not a bad idea to get one anyway. These insurances are quite cheap and cover a lot more than drone incidents. Check: Drones: Alles over de regels en verzekeren - Independer.nl

Independer.nl is a good site that has all the info regarding insurances. Just use google translate.. lol

Hey there, new here too. I am from the Netherlands. I just did a quick search for you in dutch..
If you use your drone for recreational purposes it is not mandatory to have a liability insurance, Although it is not a bad idea to get one anyway. These insurances are quite cheap and cover a lot more than drone incidents. Check: Drones: Alles over de regels en verzekeren - Independer.nl

Independer.nl is a good site that has all the info regarding insurances. Just use google translate.. lol
Thank you so much for your quick response.

Yeah, it's a good idea to get one anyway. I will look through it and will definitely apply for it. :)

One more question, what’s the best budget drone with 4K option?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS