DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lichi and DJI Care Refresh?

Mr Banks

Reactions
If i use Lichi, will that mean my DJI Care Refresh is void should anything happen?

I've never heard one way or the other, but you could always make it to where they couldn't check by breaking it more before sending it in ;)

I've never heard one way or the other, but you could always make it to where they couldn't check by breaking it more before sending it in ;)

Care Refresh excludes damage caused by non-certified software, not sure if Litchi is certified. However, it does say that damage caused by flight in unsuitable environments is not covered. I think that would include putting the drone in the path of a hammer.

Reactions: stdebruin
I've been wanting to try Litchi, but the third party clause in the DJI Care Refresh has me nervous. I'm still a novice and not willing to risk a noob mistake while learning to use Litchi.
My question is this: If I use Litchi once and then go back to DJI Go 4, is my Refresh invalid?
Let's say I use DJI Go 4 20 times and then use Litchi a few times without incident. I start using DJI Go 4 again and have a malfunction or a crash. Is my Refresh invalid because I used Litchi prior to having a claim? I accept that if I have a crash while using Litchi, I'm out of luck. I'm just wondering if ANY use of it would would invalidate the Refresh.

Last edited:
Warranty or Refresh, if its a fault caused by Litchi then it would not be covered, not sure i have ever seen this. Have seen plenty of destroyed drones caused by operator error using Litchi, but not as many as using DJI Go. If you send the bird in they can tell if it was a parts failure that was the cause no matter what app you are using, if it was then its covered by warranty, if it wasn't a part failure covered under Warranty then it could be covered under Refresh. The problem comes if you don't have the bird to send in. In that case they can't read any info so you are out of luck 99% of the time, even if you are using DJI Go. Even Refresh won't won't cover you if you don't have the bird to send in.

The way I read it is if the damage was caused by the non-certified app, then it is not covered by warranty or care-refresh. So if you have a crash while using Litchi, they may blame the Litchi and void your coverage.

It seems I've read on here of at least a couple of people who've had MP's replaced when they'd been using Litchi. That was an important determinant for me because I use Litchi about 95% of the time.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+