DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Life Goes On.....

Nice calm video - It reminds me of a local downtown area - until the railroad tracks appeared. Good Job.- but I thought you were "new". Did you fly that one?

Nice calm video - It reminds me of a local downtown area - until the railroad tracks appeared. Good Job.- but I thought you were "new". Did you fly that one?
Thank you! You picked up on it. Been practicing keeping flights movements contiguous and feathering my stick movements. This is a personal best for me so far. I'm seeing progress and that is thrilling for me.

Hi SmilingOgre,
I like the very smooth shots of the "ghost-Town" ;)The music fits well too! Not even a train passed by..I am a train-fan!
Well done, thanks for sharing!
Google Earth told me where the Depot Town is located...It´s roughly 4300miles (bee-line) from where I live:)

cheers Paul

Hi SmilingOgre,
I like the very smooth shots of the "ghost-Town" ;)The music fits well too! Not even a train passed by..I am a train-fan!
Well done, thanks for sharing!
Google Earth told me where the Depot Town is located...It´s roughly 4300miles (bee-line) from where I live:)

cheers Paul
I'll have to drop by for coffee!! I lived not far from you for a year in Nekartailfingen. Beautiful area. Loved to listen to the trains working through the hills in the evening.

Hi SmilingOrgue,
Oh that could have been possibele! Nekartailfingen is about one and a half hour away from my village! :) I already passt some times in the region, it´s really amazing!
I love to watch trains, but rather the hugh American/Canadian ones than the German trains!
I was a modelrailroader until 2016 and I built some American/Canadian layouts!
cheers Paul

Sorry, I didn´t WANT TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD IF YOU WANT I WILL DELETE THE PHOTOS!
some photos below:

Attachments

• Granite Canyon Spur  N2.jpg
    Granite Canyon Spur N2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Ghosttown Modul  Spur N.jpg
    Ghosttown Modul Spur N.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Redrock Tunnel 1 Spur N.jpg
    Redrock Tunnel 1 Spur N.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Redrock Tunnel 2 Spur N.jpg
    Redrock Tunnel 2 Spur N.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Totale der Wüste Spur N.jpg
    Totale der Wüste Spur N.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Brücke Ghosttown Spur N.jpg
    Brücke Ghosttown Spur N.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Lampe bei Stellwerk Spur N.jpg
    Lampe bei Stellwerk Spur N.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Tunnel 2.jpg
    Tunnel 2.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 6
  • CN nah von oben BL 16.jpg
    CN nah von oben BL 16.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6
  • Zug ZM bearbeitet.jpg
    Zug ZM bearbeitet.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • Section H0 2.jpg
    Section H0 2.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Oh that could have been possibele! about one and a half hour away from my village! I already passt some times in the region, it´s really amazing!
Loved my time there. Some evenings we would walk "up town" and get some currywurst and Pommes frittes with a beer. Our daughter was under a year and the folks that owned the shop would always insist we come in and sit at their table to eat. Conversation was limited due to my limited understanding of the language but we still always had an enjoyable time. I can only imagine the shots I could have gotten with a drone. That was 40 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.

Loved my time there. Some evenings we would walk "up town" and get some currywurst and Pommes frittes with a beer. Our daughter was under a year and the folks that owned the shop would always insist we come in and sit at their table to eat. Conversation was limited due to my limited understanding of the language but we still always had an enjoyable time. I can only imagine the shots I could have gotten with a drone. That was 40 years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday.
such occurrences are realy unforgetable, the more that you went there "in the good old times" No Corona, less or no terrorisme and people were more adorable! I also konow some amazing places I visited years ago....Without a drone, that would really have been amazing to shoot "from abowe" Thumbswayup

such occurrences are realy unforgetable, the more that you went there "in the good old times" No Corona, less or no terrorisme and people were more adorable! I also konow some amazing places I visited years ago....Without a drone, that would really have been amazing to shoot "from abowe" Thumbswayup
Very much a different time and place. Thankful to have ben part of it.

Although I went to the University of Michigan (sophomore year-1956-57) and have flown in and out of Detroit Airport (DTW) many times, I have never been in the town of Ypsilanti! Looks nice. I am guessing the barricades were a Covid lockdown situation? Nice smooth flying and nice view of the downtown section.

Although I went to the University of Michigan (sophomore year-1956-57) and have flown in and out of Detroit Airport (DTW) many times, I have never been in the town of Ypsilanti! Looks nice. I am guessing the barricades were a Covid lockdown situation? Nice smooth flying and nice view of the downtown section.
Thank you! And, yes, I thought it was pretty creative. They blocked off the main street and put out tables, chairs, plants, umbrellas, etc. Put podiums at the front doors and conducted business as usually only outside. I enjoyed it more than eating inside.

Hi SmilingOrgue,
Oh that could have been possibele! Nekartailfingen is about one and a half hour away from my village! :) I already passt some times in the region, it´s really amazing!
I love to watch trains, but rather the hugh American/Canadian ones than the German trains!
I was a modelrailroader until 2016 and I built some American/Canadian layouts!
cheers Paul

Sorry, I didn´t WANT TO HIJACK YOUR THREAD IF YOU WANT I WILL DELETE THE PHOTOS!
some photos below:
Sweet!!!!!

Nice video.

I love small towns. My town grew up to be a small city. We used to have 2 rail lines and now they are walking paths.

We haven't shut down main street yet but the alleys are closed and half the sidewalk for outdoor dining.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Sounds like a wonderful place to grow up.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO