DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifthor Mount

Mr. Moe

Reactions
I'm new to the drone world. For the first few weeks I've been using my Note 8 to fly my Mavic Pro. Been researching mounts to use because I need my phone to be available. So after looking on YouTube and searching online I didn't find a mount that wouldn't cover up the screen on the remote. There was alot of reviews by some big names in the droning community, but the mounts they showed all got in the way of the screen which I didnt like at all.
I found this mount from Thorsdroneworld. Few things I noticed that I like:
1. It's lightweight yet sturdy
2. Easily adjustable to my tablet.
3.Has pre-installed d ring for a lanyard
4. Has optional OTG cable that has the 45 degree angle in it.
5. Unassembled it fits in a camera bag next to my drone and tablet with no issues.

Few things I noticed that I don't like:

1. I would have liked the plate that goes between the controller handles to be easier to sit in it. Something like how the mavmount plate does.

2. The angle on the rear brace could be just a little bit back so if I wanted to have the tablet sit with the screen angled more at a right angle towards me it wouldn't cover up the top edge of the screen.

Anyhow

The iPad mini 4 I got yesterday is secured nicely to the clamp with adjustable arms and installed pads on the clamp to prevent slippage, there's an adjustable ball hinge to change angle as you wish.

All in all. I'm very impressed with it. .
4547657a53fccd11404b750a1c311e6e.jpg
ec5a301970b1b271a74f8d2e6d76207c.jpg
97607d01dafe4f09dc8cf3453a123bd1.jpg

nice review buddy I have one ordered myself ... whats the weight ratio like is it top heavy or just right I will be using an iPad 17 and an iPad mini 4 ?

Just got one of these, very fast delivery from Norway to the UK. Only tried it in the house at the moment as the weather has not been good for flying. Holds the Samsung Tab S2 9.7 just fine. I would recommend buying the optional lanyard as it does provide some additional security and takes some of the weight of your hands.

Support is great and by email, chat or in my case I phoned from the UK to Norway and spoke to Tore the owner. All in all a great product.

nice review buddy I have one ordered myself ... whats the weight ratio like is it top heavy or just right I will be using an iPad 17 and an iPad mini 4 ?
Surprisingly it is well balanced. I would've thought top heavy but then again I'm using a mini 4. I guess with larger tablets it may be a little top heavy but the way the bracket is made it supports the weight evenly

Reactions: Irish-apple
Got mine a bit over a week ago
Ordered on Sunday in Australia got it 5 days later all the way from Norway
Wow that’s faster than Australia post

Just received my LifThor today.

I shoot mostly real estate vids and pics ans use an Ipad Pro 9.7 as a monitor and I've tried a bunch of different tablet holders but always found the balance point to be wonky with such a large monitor.

I liked the design of the LifThor because it appeared to be better balanced which I have to say was born out after one test flight. It's very solid and with a minor modification, drilled and tapped a 1/4 20 hole, works really well as a tri/monopod mount.

Really looking forward to being able to set my controller down and saving my arms a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_2012.JPG
    IMG_2012.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2016.JPG
    IMG_2016.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2017.JPG
    IMG_2017.JPG
  • IMG_2018.JPG
    IMG_2018.JPG
I'm very happy with mine, though since I found I can put the iPad mini 4 into the arms quite ok (just sports mode switch is hard to get to), I only use the Lifthor if I'm going to be flying more than a battery or two, or in a vehicle travelling I'll leave it set up for multiple stops a day to film.

I use a simple lanyard with fishing trace to clip in, balance seems great, I can let it hang and it's quite safe for controller and mini 4.

thor_holder_lanyard_01lr.jpg

thor_holder_lanyard_02lr.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada