DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lifthor Or Not

NorbertG59

Reactions
Hi Again

AS I’m new to DJI drones I’m doing all my trials and errors from my backyard before I take it out in the real world, I have spent hours watching videos regarding setups, do’s and don’ts and also doing the basic runs to feel and know my drone,

I use my phone in the controller but I’m ready to upgrade to a tablet holder,

I know that Drone 51 did a video on tablet holders back in 21 but did not mention the LIFTHOR Holder, that’s the one that I’m inclined too

Feed back of the Pros and Cons this holder will be appreciated

Regards

I have the Baldur 2. Build quality is rock solid and the balance after mounting a tablet is also good when you use a neck strap. But too much time-consuming to put every piece together every time, so I don't use my tablet anymore.

@NorbertG59 i can only speak from my experience with their products ,there is no doubt that the device holders are well made using a lot of aluminium parts and once fitted to the RC they do support in my case a 10.5 inch I pad very securely , for me using one on my MPP controller,
a couple of downsides were the time it took to remove it from my MPPs controller, to my MM controller,and the weight of the whole setup, definitely needs some sort of harness for support
after a while i sold mine on to a friend ,as unfortunately unless i removed it each time after a days flying i could not fit the RC in my hard case with it attached
these are just my personal views

the LIFTHOR Holder,

Another YES vote for the tablet holder.

As mentioned by @blackbirdsr72 , it us rock solid and can be cumbersome when setting up or teardown after a flight(s).

I don't care about how small a drone package can be when stored so I modified a small briefcase to accommodate the MA2 fully extended along with the controller with the Tripltek attached.

It works fir me and your results may vary. :)

I prefer to fly with a tablet for the larger screen real estate, and it's easier for my old eyes to see everything. I've been using Mavmounts since the M2P and the newer version for the base M3 controller works well.

I wish the base controller had more customizable buttons and wheels, but I'm hesitant to get an RC Pro because of how much I like the larger screen on the iPad Air 4. It is what it is.

I have the Baldur 2. Build quality is rock solid and the balance after mounting a tablet is also good when you use a neck strap. But too much time-consuming to put every piece together every time, so I don't use my tablet anymore.

I have concerns about install time, so when i designed the mavmount adaptor, i take install time, size for travel , and a rock solid build into consideration.
this fits in your pocket, works with every ipad and almost every android device, and installs in 6 seconds.
You never have to break it down... but if you'd like to remove the clamp, thats maybe 3 seconds.

Heres and install video.

Reactions: blackbirdsr72
I prefer to fly with a tablet for the larger screen real estate, and it's easier for my old eyes to see everything. I've been using Mavmounts since the M2P and the newer version for the base M3 controller works well.

I wish the base controller had more customizable buttons and wheels, but I'm hesitant to get an RC Pro because of how much I like the larger screen on the iPad Air 4. It is what it is.
Thanks for being a customer for so long!
My concern about "smart" tablets is they lock you into that small screen, have less than ideal form factor, the screen is low and cant tilt to face your prefered angle, and you cant take your screen with you to the new controller.

I want the LATEST controller with my new drone, and not have to worry if my old tech controller is going to work with it.. and even if it does... its still the old tech.

I use a Hanatora mount for my Tripltek:

1674760378579.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B095Y9F751/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it only takes 3 or 4 seconds, at most, to install and uninstall; and it's extremely adjustable but stiff enough to not shift while in use

it has lanyard mounting rings so a lanyard install is simple

personally, I think the talk about a big difference in deployment time between an RC and a tablet with mounting is exaggerated. Yeah, it's a little longer but for me, it's less than a minute, at most. Besides that, when I go out to fly the drone, the tablet+racket+lanyard+RC-N1 is already assembled. Just pull it out and fly

The problem in deciding what tablet holder is between the ones that attach at bottom of controller therefor covering the controller screen and sticks and the ones that sits above controller giving you a full view of both screens,
I do realise that the ones that sit above controller somehow unbalances the handling when using sticks

The problem in deciding what tablet holder is between the ones that attach at bottom of controller therefor covering the controller screen and sticks and the ones that sits above controller giving you a full view of both screens,
I do realise that the ones that sit above controller somehow unbalances the handling when using sticks

One of the reasons I went with the Lifthor mount for my older M1P setup is just that, I can see both telemetry on the controller below the mini 4 above.

0cff38_33214054af7c41fdaaa79fe70acd2f66~mv2.jpg

This one was reasonably balanced, but they have a chest mount for larger / more recent pro type controller setups too.

Most regular controllers now don't have telemetry screen, so once you know the sticks etc, it probably isn't quite as much of an issue.

The Lifthor gear is great, strong and well made, I like their spiral cables too.

Over the years I’ve had several Lifthor products. All well made and functioned well too. I’m now spoiled with Smart Controllers.

Reactions: MA2 317
Another UP-Vote for Lifthor. Amazing product, magnificent build quality, and I use a 10.5" Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 with it, along with a Hoodman Aviator HAV3KIT. I need to see everything in bright, clear live images without external glare interference.

I will admit though, the whole setup on top of a MA2 controller is obnoxious. But, with a neck strap, or tripod, it is amazing.

Regarding the unbalanced when IPAD attached above and just using controller handles,

I did a test with a $10 tablet holder and putting my phone in controller and the balancing improved dramatically, So I decided to take the plunge and ordered the one above

Thank you for all the feedback

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2 317
I use the same mount (but branded as Lyongtech and cheaper) and find it works well - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B099KJ1Z38/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's definitely not as robust as the Lifthor products but it's also only a fraction of the price. It comfortably takes my iPad air (3rd gen) with an Otterbox Defender case, which many of the cheap mounts don't.

I use the same mount (but branded as Lyongtech and cheaper) and find it works well - LYONGTECH 4.7 - 12.9 Inch Phone Tablet Holder Mount for DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom,DJI Mini SE,Mavic Mini,Mavic Pro,Mavic Air,Spark Remote Controller, Drone Extended Control Clip Accessories: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

It's definitely not as robust as the Lifthor products but it's also only a fraction of the price. It comfortably takes my iPad air (3rd gen) with an Otterbox Defender case, which many of the cheap mounts don't.
I have a Mavic 3 and a mini 3 ( as well as a Mini 2). I have a separate RC-N1 for each drone (so I don't have to mess around with pairing etc.). That mounting bracket + Tripltek can be switched from one RC to another in about 10-15 seconds.

Reactions: maelstrom
I have concerns about install time, so when i designed the mavmount adaptor, i take install time, size for travel , and a rock solid build into consideration.
this fits in your pocket, works with every ipad and almost every android device, and installs in 6 seconds.
You never have to break it down... but if you'd like to remove the clamp, thats maybe 3 seconds.

Heres and install video.

Which Scout Adapter works with the iPad Mini 6?

Reactions: DesertWindAero
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne