DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light crash after erratic behaviour

Lordy

Reactions
Today I went for a little flight in an open field & I usually land when my battery is above 20% but I thought I'd run it right down for a change & decided to do a little experiment to see it force land (this was stupid btw)

Anyway it tried to land at 15% so I cancelled that & kept it hovering above my landing spot. I had to cancel this again at about 12% but the mavic was starting to move around a little so I had to make slight corrections to avoid landing in overgrown grass. This behaviour quickly got worse & just as I decided to land & quit the experiment the mavic darted off at speed about 2 foot off the ground. It sort of moved in an arc & I had no control whatsoever & was constantly pulling down to land.
Luckily it landed right in a bunch of nettles just missing 2 small trees & a railway sleeper.

I was amazed it didnt even have a scratch on it but the battery had dropped to 7% from that 12% in a matter of seconds. I know this may be normal as lipos always drop off quickly the lower they get.

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened here? Did something in the system get messed up because of the low voltage maybe? Bearing in mind it now flies fine.

And the moral of the story for now is never be like me haha

Today I went for a little flight in an open field & I usually land when my battery is above 20% but I thought I'd run it right down for a change & decided to do a little experiment to see it force land (this was stupid btw)

Anyway it tried to land at 15% so I cancelled that & kept it hovering above my landing spot. I had to cancel this again at about 12% but the mavic was starting to move around a little so I had to make slight corrections to avoid landing in overgrown grass. This behaviour quickly got worse & just as I decided to land & quit the experiment the mavic darted off at speed about 2 foot off the ground. It sort of moved in an arc & I had no control whatsoever & was constantly pulling down to land.
Luckily it landed right in a bunch of nettles just missing 2 small trees & a railway sleeper.

I was amazed it didnt even have a scratch on it but the battery had dropped to 7% from that 12% in a matter of seconds. I know this may be normal as lipos always drop off quickly the lower they get.

Just wondering if anyone knows what happened here? Did something in the system get messed up because of the low voltage maybe? Bearing in mind it now flies fine.

And the moral of the story for now is never be like me haha
Link the log to your flight and post it here.

Link the log to your flight and post it here.

Ok I'm a bit confused at the minute though. I can find the 3 videos/logs (through djigo4 app) I made today & watch them but when I find the txt files in the folder which is what I assume we need there are 3 from todays date but the times are well out & I'm not sure which is which

I did the same trick overrode the 20% return ....... trying to be a bit cocky it ended up a tree a good 70 feet up and took 3 days to get it back ......... Luckily back in tact and non the worse for the ordeal. Lesson learnt I will never do it again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fara