DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light mounts

mini2flyer

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I 3d printed a flashlight mount for my Mini2 and I’m wondering how many
have done something similar. This mount is designed to work with @Phantomrain.org rain gear. The total weight of the mount and flashlight is under 30 grams

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpeg
    IMG_0469.jpeg
    826.7 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Someone else has done this before as well. Check here for more ideas:

I bought a very similar one to the one above with an extra holder on top for another light or add on for the Air2s. Had to heat and bend a little to fit properly with the wetsuit as it was designed for ones without. Works well, used a few times to light up some waterfalls at night.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

I have them for the following lights :
1 pair RovyVon Aurora A3 Pro G4 adapters
1 pair Imalent LD70 adapters
1 pair Imalent LD10 adapters

Total weight with dual Rovy lights is 80g I use these
on all my drones Mini 3/4 Mavic 3p and Matrice 200 series very helpful
for finding smaller drones in horizon (and keeping orientation in sky) . I usually only run one light and counter balance with a RunCam 5 (I like a rear video as well as front. The Mini has no problem with the payload.
The only issue is Mini 3/4 battery may get hot with long flight times. To get around that I added vents to bottom of
drone mount which solved issue.

I also have a 1" diameter mount with sleves to customize for different diameter or larger lights like Imalent MS03
(for Mavic 3 , Inspire or Matrice)

Attached is a link to sample LRF of dual lights on Mini 4 These are the Everbrite lights we include in one version . Not bad at dusk the Rovy will produce 2x times the light . These values are measured at .5m with a baseline light of 200. You can read LRF with standard media player.

The other plus is the dual Rovy weighs 80g for everything mounts adaptors and lights while the Everbrite is 120g

Attachments

• 2EVERBRITE.jpg
    2EVERBRITE.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3
  • ROVYA3.jpg
    ROVYA3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics