DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lighting Storm 5am way to early. Controller Battery low an Recording stopped ?

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Oh my , I forgot to charge the controller after the the last amazing couple storms we had.
See links below.

While I was Getting to ready to join the tower where the Lightning collected on the Last Storm the controller dies an the Recording Stopped.
I had just enough to Land the Drone , on top of that I forgot the SD card only had the Internal Storage to work with. UGH !!

Phantomrain.org
Wet Suit to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Happened to me too. I thought I had enough battery with one light flashing on the controller, for a quick 5 minute test of the camera. I was wrong and this was the first and last time this will ever happen.

I too got the battery warning, but the drone was flying fine, and I know it was a fresh battery in the drone. I was focused on getting the shots I needed quickly, to test the camera and angle/altitude plus I was on the edge of the lake.

Suddenly the screen went black, and I had no more control over the drone. I tried to restart the SC and it came on and immediately went off again. The drone started to head out into the lake, and I thought this was a dreaded fly-away I have always read about. Then it came back again and hovered above the trees, then it went back out into the lake a bit and disappeared behind the trees on the lakeshore and again I thought it was now gone forever.

Then it came back around maybe 50 feet to one side of the track it went off in. It then did a little moving around and came right back over the picnic table I had taken off from and hovered. Then it began to descend and landed maybe 2 inches from where it had originally taken off.

Boy that was a scary few minutes, when your SC shuts down and you have no control and wonder what is going to happen. That last flashing light on the SC does not last very long, I can assure you, so don't ever fly even with just 2 lights of battery lit on a SC.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne