DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lighting Strobe with Air 2S

LostInDark

Reactions
Hi guys,

I want to buy Lume cube strobe for my Air 2S.. is there someone who using the same configuration and what is the result .. is there any problem with GPS, IMU or upfront sensors .. also camera ?

Thanks for sharing...

Anton

Others using equally bright strobes here on the forum say it doesn't affect the camera view.
I'd say if there is any fog, light drizzle, dust in the air it would likely be visible in video.

I've never read anything about any strobe causing adverse effects on GPS / IMU or sensors, unless it is in the field of view of a sensor.

Air2S has a lot of sensors, so not sure how it would go.
There isn't much room under the Air2S as it is.

Thanks, I've ordered Firehouse Arc V like the best one on the market after so many time of research and tests on reviews... so I'll share my experience after all.. :) Thanks again..

Ok the ArcV is big though.
ArcII or even the dual give out ample visual (white leds) for up to 800m or so during daylight, more than enough for safer VLOS flights.
They are tiny in comparison
I have both, only use them for direct open LOS flights, about 15% of flights when over ocean etc.

Reactions: LostInDark
Where did you put them on drone?

This is what I use.

Maybe they'll ship to Bulgaria. ?

Looks like they do. ?

From the site...

"All our items are shipped from the Dayton, Ohio USA area usually within 1-2 business days. Shipping is available to anywhere in the world. All decals are shipped via USPS First Class stamped mail to the US and via USPS International First Class Internationally."

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Where did you put them on drone?

I velcro mine on as the ARC II and Dual are small and light.

On the M1P I have a rear mount for an ARCII, this one the red / white combo . . .

IMG_4649.jpg IMG_4650.jpg

Front arms I go with the Duals, this the port red . . .

IMG_4648.jpg

Just to show how you adapt them to suit the body / sensors . . . on my Spark, I just use a left red dual, and a right green dual . . .

IMG_6093.JPG IMG_6094.JPG IMG_6095.JPG

With those strobing in turn . . .

IMG_6055.JPG IMG_6049.JPG

Thanks, I've ordered Firehouse Arc V like the best one on the market after so many time of research and tests on reviews... so I'll share my experience after all.. :) Thanks again..
where did you find these i am in the uk cannot find any ,the usa supplier will not post to the uk.

I've fond it in Germany, it's little bit expensive.. but .. I don't want to pay additional vat and taxes.. and many more.. if i order from USA.. so here is it:

I'm still waiting for my order.. but I'm planing to put over the drone.. or will try to put on back between two back sensors.. but will share my experience..

no where will ship these to the UK..... :(

I contacted Firehouse to make sure these would work on the Air2s. (Yes.. this setup will work on the A2S).
However, my concern is attaching them to the arms and throwing the drone out of balance.

How many are you getting and how are you mounting them ?
4 strobes with 2 front / 2 rear . . . or 2 strobes with one on each arm diagonally ?

Even with 2 strobes diagonally, they won't affect the ability of the motors to adapt to any little weight shifting / balance of the strobes.
They are big however, and flight times with 2 or 4 on will drop that a little.

Order the right colours to be able to tell orientation, white rear and a red and / or green front.

How many are you getting and how are you mounting them ?
4 strobes with 2 front / 2 rear . . . or 2 strobes with one on each arm diagonally ?

Even with 2 strobes diagonally, they won't affect the ability of the motors to adapt to any little weight shifting / balance of the strobes.
They are big however, and flight times with 2 or 4 on will drop that a little.

Order the right colours to be able to tell orientation, white rear and a red and / or green front.
I was thinking of just getting 2 strobes with one on each arm diagonally, white rear / red front.
The other issue is folding the arms, and leaving strobes on when storing or carrying in the bag.
Thinking I'll probably have to take them off after flying. The smaller ARC II strobes may be a better
alternative. Thanks for the response.

Reactions: sdwingz
I was thinking of just getting 2 strobes with one on each arm diagonally, white rear / red front.
The other issue is folding the arms, and leaving strobes on when storing or carrying in the bag.
Thinking I'll probably have to take them off after flying. The smaller ARC II strobes may be a better
alternative. Thanks for the response.

2 diagonally no probs, would make a tiny different to individual motor revs to keep stable to GPS position hovering etc, no much / enough to worry.

I think the mounts can stay on the arms ?
Yes, read that in the FHT blurb in your link.

I have the ARCIIs and Dual ones from FHT and they certainly cover you for flying out to the 'spirit' of VLOS.

ARCIIs (or Duals) are good enough for me, gawd they are bright . . . in reality they should be more than enough for most peoples requirements to find their drone in the air fairly easily.
In reality, I use them mostly to be able to say 'sure, there it is' if ever asked by someone official, but it is very comforting to see the strobing at some distance . . . I only use them when flying more than 300m - 400m away, or up to the 120m (400') which is also rare.

The smaller strobes above are easily velcroed on, the velcro stays on, takes seconds to place them and away.
In my post above, the Duals will fit just about anywhere, on the front arms (I have them slightly pointed outwards, away from the camera FOV), the body side, wherever you can fit them nowadays with all the extra sensors.

2 diagonally no probs, would make a tiny different to individual motor revs to keep stable to GPS position hovering etc, no much / enough to worry.

I think the mounts can stay on the arms ?
Yes, read that in the FHT blurb in your link.

I have the ARCIIs and Dual ones from FHT and they certainly cover you for flying out to the 'spirit' of VLOS.

ARCIIs (or Duals) are good enough for me, gawd they are bright . . . in reality they should be more than enough for most peoples requirements to find their drone in the air fairly easily.
In reality, I use them mostly to be able to say 'sure, there it is' if ever asked by someone official, but it is very comforting to see the strobing at some distance . . . I only use them when flying more than 300m - 400m away, or up to the 120m (400') which is also rare.

The smaller strobes above are easily velcroed on, the velcro stays on, takes seconds to place them and away.
In my post above, the Duals will fit just about anywhere, on the front arms (I have them slightly pointed outwards, away from the camera FOV), the body side, wherever you can fit them nowadays with all the extra sensors.
Thank you for your response. Very helpful.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Here is it how looks.. I'll test in next days...
d689426ae8a41918e89fd544d06b1ac6.jpg
d5e0056666ca9dfcb14a085894ac10ca.jpg

Here is it how looks.. I'll test in next days...
d689426ae8a41918e89fd544d06b1ac6.jpg

Hopefully the sensors will be ok with the strobe case edges there, especially the bottom one.
If not, an arm mount(s) will work, if close to the body on either outer arm, motors shouldn't vary much to offset balance needs of one strobe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_