DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Lightning Photo and Question

Josiah S

Reactions
Howdy. Last night there was a lightning storm and this is unfortunately the best photo that I got. I like how the lightning bolt is but I wish it was in the center of the frame and not way off to the side. Is there anyway to change the perspective or something so that the lightning is more in frame? Thanks.Lightning1.jpg

I wish it was in the center of the frame and not way off to the side. Is there anyway to change the perspective or something so that the lightning is more in frame?
You could easily do something like this in Photoshop.
i-wrZmP2g-XL.jpg

Putting the lightning in the centre would create boring composition, particularly when the subject is quite small.

Ok thank you.How would you get the lightning bigger? Get closer to it?

Ok thank you.How would you get the lightning bigger? Get closer to it?
That's the obvious way ... otherwise you would need a camera that isn't using a very wideangle lens, which makes everything look further away.

Reactions: Josiah S
Photoshop lets you do many things. Is it real??? Only you will know if you don't tell anyone. LOLLightning1_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Snoopy2020
Excellent shot! We’ve had terrible rain all week and no lightning. I’m jealous. Take it into Lightroom and mess around with some settings. Did you shoot it jpeg and raw?

Excellent shot! We’ve had terrible rain all week and no lightning. I’m jealous. Take it into Lightroom and mess around with some settings. Did you shoot it jpeg and raw?
Thank you for your nice comment. Yes I shot raw and jpeg. I did photoshop it a little bit to de noise it but that was the last picture I can do in photoshop because my trial ended. I was on the dji Adobe partner ship thing and I am not sure that I will buy it. I guess I will go back to using gimp and raw therapee.

Howdy. Last night there was a lightning storm and this is unfortunately the best photo that I got. I like how the lightning bolt is but I wish it was in the center of the frame and not way off to the side. Is there anyway to change the perspective or something so that the lightning is more in frame? Thanks.View attachment 130950
I gave this one a try in Adobe Photoshop CC2021. I used the content aware move tool, clone tool, and gradient tool to open the foreground. Original and edited version attached. You can also see the stars now! Click on it for full screen.

Dale
MiamiLightning-original version.jpgEdited version-lightning.jpg

Wow thanks dale. I knew I could count on you to show me how it's done. ?? I think if i didn't tell anyone they would probably think it's real.

Wow thanks dale. I knew I could count on you to show me how it's done. ?? I think if i didn't tell anyone they would probably think it's real.
You are most welcome. I forgot to add, I also used the shadow slider in Adobe Camera RAW.

The vertical line gives it away- looks fake. See my fix below!
You must have a better monitor then I do as I do not see a vertical line but if you say so it must be true. I do think your photo looks a little copy and pasted but who am I to say. :rolleyes:

You must have a better monitor then I do as I do not see a vertical line but if you say so it must be true. I do think your photo looks a little copy and pasted but who am I to say. :rolleyes:
Au contraire, mon ami! (to the contrary, my friend). Not copy and paste. The content aware fill tool did it. The original site is replaced by AI (artificial intelligence) with pixel replacement. You have to work some to reproduce the lighting, coloring, etc. with small tools like clone tool, and spot healing brushes. The vertical line in the middle of the image is very plain to see on my 27 inch Apple iMAC monitor/screen on one of the other submitters image.

Have another look here (attached) and see if you agree?vertical; line.jpg

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Au contraire, mon ami! (to the contrary, my friend). Not copy and paste. The content aware fill tool did it. The original site is replaced by AI (artificial intelligence) with pixel replacement. You have to work some to reproduce the lighting, coloring, etc. with small tools like clone tool, and spot healing brushes. The vertical line in the middle of the image is very plain to see on my 27 inch Apple iMAC monitor/screen on one of the other submitters image.

Have another look here (attached) and see if you agree?

LOL like I said I don't see it with my cheap monitor. The resolution is not that great. I don't even own a good tablet that has good resolution so I will take your word for it. Have a nice day.

Thank you for your nice comment. Yes I shot raw and jpeg. I did photoshop it a little bit to de noise it but that was the last picture I can do in photoshop because my trial ended. I was on the dji Adobe partner ship thing and I am not sure that I will buy it. I guess I will go back to using gimp and raw therapee.
Try Skylum Luminar - it’s a lightroom replacement. Or check here: The 13 best Photoshop alternatives
More photoshop replacements.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d