DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lightroom Class - tidy up a farm yard (heal/clone/something else?)

RonanCork

Reactions
Hey Guys,

Hope it's ok to post this here ?

I'm using Lightroom Classic. I took a friend of a friend's farm. The attached image is screenshot of the RAW image (before ANY post processing). I'm looking at (after fixing exposure, contrast etc., those usual things first) tidy up the cow dung in the image.

I tried using a clone/heal tool but maybe that's not the best way. The clone/heal worked well for cleaning up a grassy patch elsewhere in the photo - just wanted to ask you guys what you'd recommend ?

Thanks Ro

Attachments

• farmyard.jpg
    farmyard.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 34
Clone healing tool is the correct choice. It can take a fair amount of fiddling around to get exactly what you want. Spot size, amount of feathering, brush stroke and direction all play a part.

Have you thought of trying Photoshop Elements which is more suited for such tasks if you want to do a good job. Lightroom, while it has some editing features is limited in its ability to create nuanced retouching and edits. The one caveat of photo retouching is that nobody should be able to tell the images was retouched. Difficult to do in a progam like LR. I don't use LR except in rare occasions but use Capture One Pro, which is much more powerful in many ways than LR but never use it for retouching. JMO

FWIW, PSA... Photoshop Elements 2021 is currently on sale for $70USD at Photoshop Elements Sale Link

Thanks for sharing

Reactions: RonanCork
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61