DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Limit to 49m distance

w3rt

Reactions
Hi all, had the mavic mini for a couple of weeks, been working with no issues during that time, today however I tried flying it and I was only able to fly it for 49m in distance and also an altitude limit, after searching the forums I've seen some other people having this problem but nobody seems to have an answer, as those posts are quite old now I thought I would start a new topic, has anyone got any idea what could be the problem? I want to confirm that the drone was not in beginners mode and was also not in payload mode, swapping the battery helped, I was able to fly it for the duration of the battery without problems, I then swapped it to the 3rd battery and was back to a 49m limit.

that limit you mentioned is what you get if the prop guards are fitted payload mode is automatic when they are fitted also if you add other loads such as landing gear or lights etc ,then payload mode is triggered past a certain weight ,as it only happened with two of your batteries, then those two batteries may need to be updated ,is it the MM or Mini 2 you dont say

Reactions: fificap
Thanks for the reply, it's the mavic mini, I don't fly with prop guards or any extra gear, I checked the settings during flight and payload mode was off, whenever I insert a new battery i check for firmware updates but it always says it is up to date.

Reactions: old man mavic
@w3rt try turning the payload switch to the on position then turn it off again when the drone and RC are all connected it might do the trick ,also sometimes deleting the App and then doing a fresh download can reset things if you do this then you will have to check your settings as some of them can reset to default, after doing any sort of firmware or App update

Reactions: RMS001 and fificap
You can get problems with the app not thinking you're "signed in" and then it limits height/distance in a similar way that payload mode limits height/distance. Try logging out then back in within the app.

Presumably you're getting a good GPS signal? That can also restrict height/distance if you don't have a good GPS lock.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan