DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Limited Range Issues

AC1DFOX

Reactions
I am a TOTAL amateur looking to use my Mavic 2 Pro better. I fly it regularly, but I am looking to get some better footage. The problem is that I read all over that this drone has a range of almost 4 miles. But I am never able to get more than 3000ft. It just loses signal at that distance every time. I live in a SMALL city (Springfield, MO), and I don't believe it is an issue with radio interference. I have tried out in the country over 25 miles from town, and in town. I actually get more distance in the city than I do out in the country, no idea why.

Any advice? What am I doing wrong?

Your mavic is probly set on the Wi-Fi setting.
I agree with warlock - are u using a mobile device connected to the controller with a USB cable ? Check the switch in the Mavic to make sure it’s nite on wifi

Your mavic is probly set on the Wi-Fi setting.
Really 3000ft on wifi setting? Lol no its probably antenna orientation or something similar....op are your antenna pointed straight up? So back of antenna are facing drone?

Ya 3000 ft was thinking same thing - long wifi range - 500 meters (1500 feet) is usually the max - small little compartment on side of drone - see what its set on.

Mavic 2 does not have WIFI. Occusync only. Make sure your controller is pointed at the Drone. As an example, if your Done is at three o'clock and your controller is pointed at 1 o'clock, your Drone could loose signal.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Mavic 2 does not have WIFI. Occusync only. Make sure your controller is pointed at the Drone. As an example, if your Done is at three o'clock and your controller is pointed at 1 o'clock, your Drone could loose signal.
Well I learned something new today - thanks rbtmckny - didn't realize MP2 doesn't have wifi mode !!!

Reactions: warlock 31
Maybe check out the laws in your country, unless you have special permission from the FAA, VLOS is mandatory, I doubt u can see a M2P at 3000 ft

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J