DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lines in live feed as well as ad card

Jrg123

Reactions
I am getting red lines that show up across the screen in both live feed and on editor from SD card. It's not an over exposure warning. I own a business and have an Inspire 2 as well. I use SD extreme cards and have used different ones. It is not a live transmission problem because they show up in editing as well. Does anyone know what this is or had similar problems? I did get the DJI care this time as my I2 is currently otw back from California because of issues with the motors coming loose (which was thankfully covered under warranty). I got the Platinum for easy shoots and have been happy with it, with the exception of this issue. If anyone has advice before I send it in I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Are they red lines about 1/8 of inch in height and all the way across the frame? If so I had this also with a MPP, and scandisk card, 32 and 64GB. I believe the root cause of the issue is the card reader I was using. I have moved to a transcend card reader and have not seen the issue since.

Note, I still get video glitches in the MPP, both the momentary jello screen, and faint black lines running horizontally across the frame not to be confused with the props. Only have seen this in 2 flights, coming back towards the sun and it may have been shadows from the props. Lasted about 25 seconds.

2.7K video, 64 GB card, latest firmware on drone latest version of djigo4. App running on iPadPro 10.5 inch.

Paul Caldwell

It has always done this. I have had flights where it didn't and some where it does it a lot. I have tried every card and still does it. It does it on my iPhone 8 and my iPad mini 4.

Both pics and video. If I snap a pic while the lines are going it's in the pic. I really get pissed when I'm filming a video and it comes in and pretty much renders it useless as it looks like crap.

I have updated and am running the latest firmware, it did it before updates and continues

Paul, yes they are about an eighth of an inch to 1.5 inches all the way across the screen. When I go to editing and remove card they show up there too

This is a strange issue for sure. My MPP did this at first with a 64GB scandisk card (not sure of the speed, but it's one of faster cards). The lines are write errors as I see it and on a google search I found a lot written about this issue about 1 year ago. The fix seems to still be the card reader. What is even stranger is that the 2nd time I got the errors, and it was about every 4th image (AEB 5) when I opened them in LR the line showed up, but as LR loaded the actual dng, the line disappeared. I have no idea as to why.

I will pull up an example of my errors in a bit and attach it.

I am using either a Crystalsky high bright 7.5" or the iPad Pro 10.5. I so far only see these in raw (don't shoot jpgs), but the transend card reader or anything but a scandisk reader might be worth a try. The worst problem makers seemed to be the adapters that allow you to put the micro card into a SD slot.

I don't remember seeing the red lines on videos however, but I am more working stills than video currently.

You might try a different card brands, smaller GB card, formatting the card in the drone each time before a day's work, and resetting the camera from the camera settings in djigo4.

You also might try using djjigo the older version supports the Mavic, just a thought.

Paul Caldwell

Thank you Paul. I will give your suggestions a try and let you know how it goes.

I think it's faulty but it might just be the ribbon cable from the camera/gimbal.
You could attempt to visually check but when it's new better not to do too much.

My first thought would be a problem with SD card, but since you tried alternatives that seems unlikely.
Do format the card in the camera from the app though.

I tried that and this was a 32gb card as well. I tried a 16 and also a Lexington card too. All had the same problem. I am glad that we got DJI Care for the first time... I think that its going back.

Well if I’d filed a claim within 15 days of receiving it they’d would have just sent me another one but I was outside the window so I had to send it off. Thank you all for all the help with this issue and I hope that if anyone else has any problem similar that the not overlook this be it will get worse and it looks like you would need everything new but possibly the RC

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929