DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

List of issues

pmshop

Reactions
Any recommendation on what drone company to try next?
Since 23March19,

Purchased refurb FlyMore - had stuck pixels recording/ shooting photos - exchanged for new
One of 3 batteries in the flymore package were DOA - Exchanged for new
Exchanged for new Mavic has stuck pixels – sent back in
Purchased a second, new Mavic Air standard package for my fleet - battery DOA
Second Mavic Air has dead pixels while recording/ shooting photos.
Controller on second Mavic Air set reboots on its own even in flight – controller exchanged
Cannot shoot panos - spheres or 180s with the second Mavic Air – Exposure not even - even with manual
First MA returned with stuck pixels
Second MA gimbal cannot hold the horizon
Both have IMU errors – sent in and exchanged
Both started YAWing without stick input and downward vision sensors not working
Sent one MA in for not holding horizon, stuck pixels and downward vision sensors.
Returned and downward vision sensors still not working.
Poor repair service.
Everything listed has been repaired or attempted repair under warranty since 23March19

Overall after repair on both Mavic Air:
Still Cannot shoot Spheres or 180s due to uneven exposure
Gimbals will not hold the horizon after a few flights even after calibrating
Still YAWs without stick input even after calibration

Are you buying from a DJI authorized dealer or a third party (local shop, eBay, Amazon, etc. )?
The refurb flymore MA was DJI Direct.
The new MA (second one) was from an authorized reseller.
And remember, all issues after the first two service calls are on drones direct from DJI.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the string of bad experiences.

I had to go through two Parrot Anafi controllers before I got a third that didn't have any issues (bad batteries in the first two). Since then it has been problem free.

No problems with my Mavic Pro. I'd say give DJI one more try on a new one but I understand your frustration and reluctance given your experience with them.

Sounds like you need to escalate the service level on both systems. There are those on the forum that could give you guidance in requesting a higher service level.

Sounds like you need to escalate the service level on both systems. There are those on the forum that could give you guidance in requesting a higher service level.

I am waiting on their word now.
By the way, they almost sent it back to me no fault found until the escalating agent last time told them what is up.

Sad, never had this much trouble with anything concerning my two Spark

I am waiting on their word now.
By the way, they almost sent it back to me no fault found until the escalating agent last time told them what is up.

Sad, never had this much trouble with anything concerning my two Spark

Don’t accept substandard product or service! DJI touts being the best, so hold them to it!

Reactions: pmshop
Yowsers! Don't even bother buying a lottery ticket.

Of all your problems listed, I only have a suggestion for the yaw issue. That is usually caused by a compass in need of degaussing. Of course this should not be happening with a new unit but are you storing/transporting it next to a strong magnet (car speaker)?

Yowsers! Don't even bother buying a lottery ticket.

Of all your problems listed, I only have a suggestion for the yaw issue. That is usually caused by a compass in need of degaussing. Of course this should not be happening with a new unit but are you storing/transporting it next to a strong magnet (car speaker)?

Sits in the back seat in a huge flymore hardcase

I had to take my first MA back to the Blue Shirt Guys and they looked it over and just replaced it. My second one has been great until, I fell at home in the middle of the night due to a blood pressure issue and broke my right ankle and required surgery. Now unless we have a mild winter here on the Planes of Western Iowa I’m done till next Spring.

You just might want to look at the new Skydio 2, it looks really awesome and if it does everything I’m supposed to it could be a challenger for our DJI drone overlords. I fly DJI only currently had a Phantom 3SE, Spark, and Mavic Air. Sold my Phantom I love my Air. Good luck to you.

Reactions: pmshop
I had to take my first MA back to the Blue Shirt Guys and they looked it over and just replaced it. My second one has been great until, I fell at home in the middle of the night due to a blood pressure issue and broke my right ankle and required surgery. Now unless we have a mild winter here on the Planes of Western Iowa I’m done till next Spring.

You just might want to look at the new Skydio 2, it looks really awesome and if it does everything I’m supposed to it could be a challenger for our DJI drone overlords. I fly DJI only currently had a Phantom 3SE, Spark, and Mavic Air. Sold my Phantom I love my Air. Good luck to you.

Hope you heal quickly.

I have examined the Skydio 2 and everything looks good except the range: 2.1mi (3.5 km)?
Case in point, Union Pacific's "Big Boy" 4014 steam engine is making its way around the US celebrating the 150 anniversary of the transcontinental railway.
img_up_media-4014-150-cele_m.jpg
The train will cross over the Pecos River High Bridge some 3 miles away from the highway with no access roads.
fa4e1c6490b0637396632a9544381371.jpg
Going to try to capture that November 3rd.

Reactions: Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe