DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Mini 2 test

Litichi is just in beta for Mini 2 and other drones included in the recent SDK release. You have to register with Litchi as a beta tester in order to use it. I will let beta testers help Litchi work out the bugs and kinks before taking the plunge. YouTuber @GavinHR is doing a series of vids on the beta test.
i been watching his vids too.. i only want the Litchi for active track and follow me like the other said which DJI does not offer but Litchi still need to tweek their program on this, yes it works better when your farther away from the drone but close up it too slow of a sampling rate and loses tracking on you but they are at least trying, cant get blood from a turnip meaning the mini 2 does not have a real circut board for like follow me mode, it would put too much more weight and go over the 250g limit so Litchi is just tweeking the exsisting program to try to do it sorta like making your video card better by overclocking it but it still the original card just tweeked to make it fun faster in this case on the mini 2 make it assimilate follow me the best they can with the software within the unit but im still waiting for Litchi to do a good update on this and i will fork over $25 to get their app.. I posted on Gavin-HR Utube video and he agreed but he is doing a awesome job and i told Gavin Litchi should be paying him for exposing all of us abt this app cause none of Litchi workers or owners is doing nothing, and Litchi is getting free advertisement thru Gavin.. so i would say Litchi should at least give him something to say Ty for keep Litchi in touch with all the Dronies out there...

i been watching his vids too.. i only want the Litchi for active track and follow me like the other said which DJI does not offer but Litchi still need to tweek their program on this, yes it works better when your farther away from the drone but close up it too slow of a sampling rate and loses tracking on you but they are at least trying, cant get blood from a turnip meaning the mini 2 does not have a real circut board for like follow me mode, it would put too much more weight and go over the 250g limit so Litchi is just tweeking the exsisting program to try to do it sorta like making your video card better by overclocking it but it still the original card just tweeked to make it fun faster in this case on the mini 2 make it assimilate follow me the best they can with the software within the unit but im still waiting for Litchi to do a good update on this and i will fork over $25 to get their app.. I posted on Gavin-HR Utube video and he agreed but he is doing a awesome job and i told Gavin Litchi should be paying him for exposing all of us abt this app cause none of Litchi workers or owners is doing nothing, and Litchi is getting free advertisement thru Gavin.. so i would say Litchi should at least give him something to say Ty for keep Litchi in touch with all the Dronies out there...
The camera systems used in the Mini have object tracking built in, and some QuickShots use it. Not supporting ActiveTrack was simply a marketing decision.

true but Litchi is trying to get working active track when mini 2 not supporting active track.. so like i said..
Litchi is trying to tweek whats there to the best they can.. active track or follow me mode may not be
100% but i guess from nothing to something is better than nada.

true but Litchi is trying to get working active track when mini 2 not supporting active track.. so like i said..
Litchi is trying to tweek whats there to the best they can.. active track or follow me mode may not be
100% but i guess from nothing to something is better than nada.
I'm using Dronelink on the Mini 1. I knew the Mini didn't support ActiveTrack -- all the reviews mentioned that -- but I was rather shocked to discover that it didn't support waypoints. I'd never heard of a GPS drone that didn't support waypoints (and even today, the only ones I know of that don't are all DJIs), so I was very happy when Dronelink supported the Mini pretty soon after its SDK was released. Dronelink released their Android version supporting the Mini 2 on Play Store last week, so now I'm thinking seriously about trading up. Yes, third-party apps can now do things that other drones do onboard -- they just can't do them as smoothly because of lag and random delays in the telemetry/control feedback loop.

Last edited:
I agree.. the 3rd party apps are helping us have what we want to a certain degree but as u said just cant do them as smoothly but its better than nothing for now.. Maybe the R&D departments will keep updating the app and smooth the rough edges but only to a certain degree again but im sure they will keep improving the app..

After several WP tests I find it Litchi is working correct. Multiple actions at waypoints will ONLY work correct by using no less than 2 seconds stay command between commands.
Ex. Video recording approaching WP. At this WP I have actions Stop recording>Stay for 2 sec>Rotate aircraft 250>Take Photo>Stay for 2 sec>Take Photo>Stay for 2 sec>Start recording. This combo works on the Mini 2.

The only action I could not get to work is the Zoom action. Waiting for support to answer this issue.

Tracking features... not a marketing decision. Lacking fixed, wide-angle dedicated cameras obtacle avoidance is very difficult using only the main camera. Given that the pitch angle changes constantly while tracking, and often loses forward imagery, having functional, reliable obstacle avoidance is impossible.

Object following isn't very useful without forward obstacle avoidance. Only practical in wide-open environments like desert, beaches, etc.

So, of course DJI doesn't honor the warranty or DJI Care for accidents caused by third-party automation, where DJI has no control over what the app is doing, or responsibility for any bugs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus