DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Mini 2 test

Jackh

Reactions
I am beta testing the Litchi for the Mini 2 app. It istalls and runs fine on my Hauwei M5 pad. My Samsung S21 Ultra is a different story. It installs but crashes several seconds after it is opened. So the following tests were using my Hauwei.

FPV- flying controls work fine. Voice feedback working.
Waypoint mission- This was so cool. I found no issues. I did a 4 waypoint mission with different camera and altitude settings during the mission. Everything worked perfect. Right now you cannot save a mission, so probably cannot load one either.
PANO- worked fine. Saved all pics, but no stitching function. Have to do it with a 3rd party app.

But it looks like Litchi is working on the various features for the final release.

Which Android version(s) are you using? I believe Litchi is not compatible with Android 12.

I am beta testing the Litchi for the Mini 2 app. It istalls and runs fine on my Hauwei M5 pad. My Samsung S21 Ultra is a different story. It installs but crashes several seconds after it is opened. So the following tests were using my Hauwei.

FPV- flying controls work fine. Voice feedback working.
Waypoint mission- This was so cool. I found no issues. I did a 4 waypoint mission with different camera and altitude settings during the mission. Everything worked perfect. Right now you cannot save a mission, so probably cannot load one either.
PANO- worked fine. Saved all pics, but no stitching function. Have to do it with a 3rd party app.

But it looks like Litchi is working on the various features for the final release.
Thank you for sharing! Waiting to buy the app when it will go stable.

I am on Android 12. I trust Litchi will address this issue.

Reactions: Aairon
I have the same issue with Samsung S21 Ultra.
Crashing right after downloading 100% of DJI database
After getting over the surprise of needing to get a new phone to run DJI Fly, I wanted to make damned sure that I got one that worked. I had seen reports that DJI Fly worked fine with the Samsung S20, but *not* with the S20 Ultra. That was why I got the straight S20, which worked fine.

Has anyone yet tested this using either an S20 or S21 *non*-Ultra?

Thx!

TCS

After getting over the surprise of needing to get a new phone to run DJI Fly, I wanted to make damned sure that I got one that worked. I had seen reports that DJI Fly worked fine with the Samsung S20, but *not* with the S20 Ultra. That was why I got the straight S20, which worked fine.

Thx!

TCS
This very last minute, they released an update, it is now working on S21 Ultra

This very last minute, they released an update, it is now working on S21 Ultra
In that case, I'm very temped to get Litchi, because I very much want to use waypoints.

How much does Litchi cost?

Thx!

TCS

Reactions: Brojon
New beta release today- now loads correctly on my S21 Ultra. YAY!

Reactions: Rudiger
About $25 for the basic, a steal for something that DJI refuses to provide.
Interesting.

I just went to the Litchi site, and they don't show the new release that makes Litchi compatible with the Mini-2.

What do you get with the "basic" version, vs more advanced versions?

If this is available on the site, a link to that section would be helpful. With a quick scan, I couldn't find it.

Thx,

TCS

Interesting.

I just went to the Litchi site, and they don't show the new release that makes Litchi compatible with the Mini-2.

If this is available on the site, a link to that section would be helpful. With a quick scan, I couldn't find it.

Thx,

TCS
Just search in the play store for Litchi for dji drones. You can buy it from there. Enter the beta testers and after you buy it you will get all the updates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting.

Thx,

TCS
Litichi is just in beta for Mini 2 and other drones included in the recent SDK release. You have to register with Litchi as a beta tester in order to use it. I will let beta testers help Litchi work out the bugs and kinks before taking the plunge. YouTuber @GavinHR is doing a series of vids on the beta test.

Reactions: Crash and Burn
In that case, I'm very temped to get Litchi, because I very much want to use waypoints.

How much does Litchi cost?

Thx!

TCS
Just get it - best money you'll spend if you do planned missions.
Now look up VLM here and see the real power of Litchi and also fly your missions in Google Earth before committing your drone.

Reactions: Crash and Burn
Question.
Are you able to change the Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation for video ?
That setting would be under “Style”
What about Burst shots for photos, does it has that feature ?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: Brojon

Thx!

TCS
DJI Fly works fine using a Huawei P30 Pro, if that's any help to anybody.

I was dying to try "fpv" on the Mini 2. I downloaded Litchi as soon as they added the Mini 2 to their beta testing. I was super scared as I had heard of a few people who had experienced fly away using Litchi but I tried it anyways and I worked great. I spent the first two batteries flying baby steps on a huge open field to test out the app. Once I got more comfortable with the app I tried out the "fpv" mode, which was ok. I also tried out the waypoint, follow and track. Waypoint worked well but follow and track didn't work very well. I believe it was because of the poor lighting conditions. I will be testing it some more but I'm pretty happy with it, thus far. The only thing that bothers me is the fact that DJI will not cover if you are using third party apps. Which we only use because they refuse to add the capability to the drone themselves.

Reactions: Bruchpilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony