DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi App On Smart Controller......Finally!!!!

Does your DJI Go 4 app crash on Android? I never seem to have that problem, maybe I shouldnt tempt fate by saying that. Ive been using Android since my S5 Active (feels like 10 years ago) and Android has been solid.
Android and Go4's stability issues are as old as time itself. Personally I find certain settings will trigger it, namely around the caching when recording. Most prefer iOS devices when it comes to DJI Go4.
There already many cases with Litchi app when drones fly away
There's even more with Go4, doesnt mean anything. The app SHOULD be able to crash and drone stay perfectly fine in the air. People use their phones for flying and getting a phone call while airborn doesnt bring the drone down. I've had the app crash numerous times with no issue. My Evo even does it, the app even re-launches itself in cases of crash.

As a bench test, you can take the props off, arm the motors and force quit the app. Motors will spin just fine.

Android and Go4's stability issues are as old as time itself. Personally I find certain settings will trigger it, namely around the caching when recording. Most prefer iOS devices when it comes to DJI Go4.

There's even more with Go4, doesnt mean anything. The app SHOULD be able to crash and drone stay perfectly fine in the air. People use their phones for flying and getting a phone call while airborn doesnt bring the drone down. I've had the app crash numerous times with no issue. My Evo even does it, the app even re-launches itself in cases of crash.

Let me clarify
You are talking about regular crush of app
So you can restart it and reconnect to drone
This is the easiest problem witch can happen
Do not forget your app control your drone
and any misleading in the app can be catastrophic for the your bird
That why I recommend use official version
of app
It will not 100% prevent from problems but at least your risk will be less

Reactions: Former Member

Can you be a little more specific about the problems you have had with Android? Which caching issues?

I have to say that in 4,000+ flights, I can count on my right hand the number of DJI Go 4 app crashes I have had using Android devices dating back a few years back to the S5a.

Reactions: Greg6032
Let me clarify
You are talking about regular crush of app
So you can restart it and reconnect to drone
This is the easiest problem witch can happen
Do not forget your app control your drone
and any misleading in the app can be catastrophic for the your bird
That why I recommend use official version
of app
It will not 100% prevent from problems but at least your risk will be less

Nothing unofficial about the Google Play version. The RC stick input override the app so no issue there. It'll either work or it won't, no half work. It won't fly your drone back to China or any other nonsense.

It's actually worth knowing what the actual risks are rather than just guessing and spreading FUD. I mean what next? Don't fly on cloudy days because it might rain? Carry out tests and prove or disprove your theories.

Nothing unofficial about the Google Play version. The RC stick input override the app so no issue there. It'll either work or it won't, no half work. It won't fly your drone back to China or any other nonsense.

It's actually worth knowing what the actual risks are rather than just guessing and spreading FUD. I mean what next? Don't fly on cloudy days because it might rain? Carry out tests and prove or disprove your theories.

Lets say the SC crashes, and needs to be restarted. Have you tried that yet during a flight?

Can you be a little more specific about the problems you have had with Android? Which caching issues?

I have to say that in 4,000+ flights, I can count on my right hand the number of DJI Go 4 app crashes I have had using Android devices dating back a few years back to the S5a.
Yes the issue I experience was when recording the live feed cache would fill up and crash the app. Little scary at first but you just reload and it works fine. Litchi on Android was always regarded as more stable. Go4 on iOS was always regarded as more stable. The idea being Android needs to cater to a wider variety of devices, whereas iOS is a much smaller subset.

Lets say the SC crashes, and needs to be restarted. Have you tried that yet during a flight?
My mavic air RC has crashed in-flight. Rebooting the RC is the only thing that worked. Similar issue with the P3SE. At which point the RC reestablished connection and drone as expected was on its way home. I even let one fly home just to see what it would do, landed 1foot from where it took off, it was beautiful ?

So yes I have rebooted the RC in-flight, several times infact. To the AC it's no different than the transmitter simply being out of range.

My mavic air RC has crashed in-flight. Rebooting the RC is the only thing that worked. Similar issue with the P3SE. At which point the RC reestablished connection and drone as expected was on its way home. I even let one fly home just to see what it would do, landed 1foot from where it took off, it was beautiful ?

So yes I have rebooted the RC in-flight, several times infact. To the AC it's no different than the transmitter simply being out of range.

I rarely experience controller crashes while airborne with a Mavic Air. Signal loss is the main culprit but the controller stays on and functions.

P3 is another fun machine. Very short range and unpredictable signal loss. But I think we are talking about signal loss and not controller crashing.

Yes the issue I experience was when recording the live feed cache would fill up and crash the app. Little scary at first but you just reload and it works fine. Litchi on Android was always regarded as more stable. Go4 on iOS was always regarded as more stable. The idea being Android needs to cater to a wider variety of devices, whereas iOS is a much smaller subset.

Can you explain what you mean by "reload?"

I rarely experience controller crashes while airborne with a Mavic Air. Signal loss is the main culprit but the controller stays on and functions.

P3 is another fun machine. Very short range and unpredictable signal loss. But I think we are talking about signal loss and not controller crashing.

When you get signal loss, green led turns a solid red and will reestablish connection when in range. When it crashes, the red led starts flashing red and will not reestablish connection even when in range, until you reboot. At which point you can simply cancel RTH and resume your flight if you wish. I've had it happen a handful of times in the 18months I've owned the Air. My hunch is the RC crashes due to overheating and lack of active cooling.

In my experience WiFi quads lacking FHSS on 2.4ghz are basically useless in even light interference areas, I simply Lock it to a clean 5ghz channel.

Whether your RC crashes, battery dies or simply you fly the drone out of range, the bird only sees signal loss and acts accordingly.

When you get signal loss, green led turns a solid red and will reestablish connection when in range. When it crashes, the red led starts flashing red and will not reestablish connection even when in range, until you reboot. At which point you can simply cancel RTH and resume your flight if you wish. I've had it happen a handful of times in the 18months I've owned the Air. My hunch is the RC crashes due to overheating and lack of active cooling.

In my experience WiFi quads lacking FHSS on 2.4ghz are basically useless in even light interference areas, I simply Lock it to a clean 5ghz channel.

Whether your RC crashes, battery dies or simply you fly the drone out of range, the bird only sees signal loss and acts accordingly.

The majority of times that Ive seen Air controllers "crash" is trying to connect them up with their drones before a flight, or pairing again after it became unpaired. I havent had the pleasure of having to reboot the controller during a flight.

In my opinion, the Spark and Air are selfie drones due to lack of Occusync.

Reactions: Greg6032
Guys we are not talking about remote or app crash
We are talking about incorrect working app because was installed
Incorrect version
And I am not understanding why I need to do experiment with my drone if I can install legal version and use that one

The majority of times that Ive seen Air controllers "crash" is trying to connect them up with their drones before a flight, or pairing again after it became unpaired. I havent had the pleasure of having to reboot the controller during a flight.

In my opinion, the Spark and Air are selfie drones due to lack of Occusync.
Wifi quads are mostly aimed at the entry-level market due to cost. Added benefit is they are lighter which helps flight times. P3SE was WiFi based, entry-level, I wouldnt call it a selfie-drone.

Wifi quads are mostly aimed at the entry-level market due to cost. Added benefit is they are lighter which helps flight times. P3SE was WiFi based, entry-level, I wouldnt call it a selfie-drone.

I call the P3S a selfie drone because thats about how far away you can get without it losing signal!

And I am not understanding why I need to do experiment with my drone if I can install legal version and use that one
I dont even think it will work, it was with the release of the SDK that made Litchi functional on the SC. Nothing illegal about side-loading an APK of something you already paid for, but if that worked, I'm sure someone would have repoted it already. My SC is still in its box, havent decided if I want to open it or return it.

I dont even think it will work, it was with the release of the SDK that made Litchi functional on the SC. Nothing illegal about side-loading an APK of something you already paid for, but if that worked, I'm sure someone would have repoted it already. My SC is still in its box, havent decided if I want to open it or return it.

I am thinking you do not have correct info
Litchi released yesterday official version of app
supporting SC
Please go check Litchi Web

I am thinking you do not have correct info
Litchi released yesterday official version of app
supporting SC
Please go check Litchi Web
Yes I'm aware of it, sourced via the Amazon App store. I prefer the one on the google play store (for which I and many others) have already paid for since its not a cheap app. On that note, for anyone who hasnt bought the Litchi via Google play for their android phone, sideload the Amazon App store and grab it from there. That way you can have it run on both your SC and Android device without having to pay twice for the same thing.

Reactions: RunnerGuy and ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+