DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi App On Smart Controller......Finally!!!!

Yes I'm aware of it, sourced via the Amazon App store. I prefer the one on the google play store (for which I and many others) have already paid for since its not a cheap app. On that note, for anyone who hasnt bought the Litchi via Google play for their android phone, sideload the Amazon App store and grab it from there. That way you can have it run on both your SC and Android device without having to pay twice for the same thing.

I do not argue with you
You can use what ever version you want
But ask your self why Litchi do extra work
To make separate version of Litchi for Crystal Sky and SC
I think they have good reason for it
But again it is your choice and your drone

Good luck

I do not argue with you
You can use what ever version you want
But ask your self why Litchi do extra work
To make separate version of Litchi for Crystal Sky and SC
I think they have good reason for it
But again it is your choice and your drone

Good luck
Double dipping perhaps? IDK. Its not fair for those of us who already paid for it.

I can see on the app stores Amazon is 4.13.0-a and Google is 4.13.0-g. I'd be curious to see if the binaries are any different.

Double dipping perhaps? IDK. Its not fair for those of us who already paid for it.

I can see on the app stores Amazon is 4.13.0-a and Google is 4.13.0-g. I'd be curious to see if the binaries are any different.

There is different
Amazon version do not required Google services and Google Store installed on your device
Google version will not work with out Google
Store and services installed
Officially SC and Crystal Sky do not support
Google services and if some one was able install Google Store and services
This is not official and was not approved by DJI
or any other official sources

Good gr

Good grief, life isn't fair get over it. I bought the Litchi App 4 years and I just bought it again.

• Love
Reactions: mavicn00b
Well guys I haven't taken it out for a flight yet but found some interesting things not working just playing with the settings. Maybe you guys can confirm having the same.
First the Photo and Record buttons on the front of the controller don't work. The Photo button causes a Center Focus command on mine. I don't see any where in settings for these buttons.
Also the smart controller doesn't see any pictures or video taken with Litchi. The only way to view them is take out the SD card from the drone. And I don't think it's recording sound with the video.
I think Litchi needs to do a major update to make this app a working product.
I'm going to hold off flying with it until Litchi makes some fixes.

TK
PS Amazon version

Reactions: RunnerGuy
Hi

Sorry but I am not recommending to do this
You better spend $22 for app then another
$1500 for new drone in your Litchi will crash
In the middle of the flight
I've been running the Google Play Store and services on my SC for over a month now with no issues. I've been using Litchi for years now and haven't had any issues, as well as other 3rd party apps.

[/QUOTE]
Well guys I haven't taken it out for a flight yet but found some interesting things not working just playing with the settings. Maybe you guys can confirm having the same.
First the Photo and Record buttons on the front of the controller don't work. The Photo button causes a Center Focus command on mine. I don't see any where in settings for these buttons.
Also the smart controller doesn't see any pictures or video taken with Litchi. The only way to view them is take out the SD card from the drone. And I don't think it's recording sound with the video.
I think Litchi needs to do a major update to make this app a working product.
I'm going to hold off flying with it until Litchi makes some fixes.

TK
PS Amazon version

On the Litchi site they have posted this:

"Known Issue For the DJI Smart Controller, the record, shutter and 5D buttons are not yet supported in DJI's SDK and as a result they will not work in Litchi when you press them. As soon as DJI fixes that bug in the SDK, we will update Litchi to add support for these hardware buttons. For now, you have to use the in-app buttons to start recording or to take a photo. "

And just for completeness. On their site they also post that to install "How to install Litchi on DJI monitors" go to the Amazon site. So, the version on the Playstore may or may not work (depending on if the sideloading of the Google modules works) but they suggest AMAZON.

Reactions: Greg6032
I've been running the Google Play Store and services on my SC for over a month now with no issues. I've been using Litchi for years now and haven't had any issues, as well as other 3rd party apps.
Just for clarity, even if only for ME: The GOOGLE Playstore version does work on the SC if you have installed the various Google components?

On the Litchi site they have posted this:

"Known Issue For the DJI Smart Controller, the record, shutter and 5D buttons are not yet supported in DJI's SDK and as a result they will not work in Litchi when you press them. As soon as DJI fixes that bug in the SDK, we will update Litchi to add support for these hardware buttons. For now, you have to use the in-app buttons to start recording or to take a photo. "

And just for completeness. On their site they also post that to install "How to install Litchi on DJI monitors" go to the Amazon site. So, the version on the Playstore may or may not work (depending on if the sideloading of the Google modules works) but they suggest AMAZON.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much f22 I was looking for something like that on Litchi but didn't find it.

TK

Reactions: ff22
Just for clarity, even if only for ME: The GOOGLE Playstore version does work on the SC if you have installed the various Google components?

Yup... Google Play Store does work with steps shown on Certified Aerials website... thanks for sharing!! ?

As to Litchi full functionality I cannot comment yet, newbie here... might test the waters (rather the skies) tomorrow for the 1st time!

On the topic of buying (again) the app... No my case, but I respectfully think developers need to eat too and the way to earn money it's selling apps. If the app it's nicely designed and I enjoy the functionality it provides, why not buy it? but that's just me... ?‍♂️

Happy flying, be safe!

did you try to see what additional load the google set of apps generates, and, really, what is the purpose to have it? just to get google maps on it? but, is it really needed?
i am not quite sure, to be honest, if it will do any good to put it all on it, all that google suit stuff, or not.

Reactions: Greg6032
did you try to see what additional load the google set of apps generates, and, really, what is the purpose to have it? just to get google maps on it? but, is it really needed?
i am not quite sure, to be honest, if it will do any good to put it all on it, all that google suit stuff, or not.
Good question and I'm not sure one way or the other. I have in many ways surrendered to Google with my phone and my tablet. But with the phone and tablet I've installed a number of apps that can be helpful. I had used the Samsung Tablet with the regular controller and installed a few "flying" apps to determine weather and winds and restrictions. A number of those apps including as you mentioned, Google Maps itself, would not work without the various underlying Google modules. I decided, if Google could be installed, then those apps might work.

Whether that loads or overloads the Smart Controller I really don't know at the moment. But there are a few folks who probably will report on issues or problems. Your question might be better asked in the thread on installing Google Play store and 3rd party apps. There might be more knowledgeable people there.

While DJI has made installing 3rd party apps part of their sales pitch, they also kind of back off that idea suggesting that installing such apps might cause problems. The "old cake and eat it, too but don't choke on it" concept!

That's this guy's take at the moment.

I have been playing with it today. Results are mixed.

Not a big fan of not being able to set the default flight app (to Litchi) and you have to make sure to "force stop" the Go App (as suggested by Litchi) if it is running on the radio get HOT (and it is probably not "good"). But it seems that if you do not hit "Go" when the radio boots the DJI app does not start. Meaning after the radio boots just this the (4) squares for applications and start Litchi and you are good to go.

My first take off the drone had the "shakes" never saw that before.. I immediately landed and restarted everything. Never saw that issue again.

I started a waypoint mission and left the voice prompts on. It was annoying me so I wen to turn it off and the Litchi app never came out of the Settings page... it was hung. A few seconds later it prompted me to "Force application" or "Wait". I waited for what seemed like an eternity as my drone was racing for the river at 25 mph. Made the decision to restart the radio and then went to the DJI GO app hoping for the best. The drone was not quite at the river but I flew her back manually while I settled down ;)

I set up a new test, that had no water hazards involved, and the waypoint and camera POI actions are kind of clunky looking when you watch the video maybe it is something I am doing? But I have it set to on focus POI and only 1 POI but it does a poor job of it. Camera is all over the place. But it runs its waypoints no issue even if it loses radio connectivity.

I have been playing with it today. Results are mixed.

Not a big fan of not being able to set the default flight app (to Litchi) and you have to make sure to "force stop" the Go App (as suggested by Litchi) if it is running on the radio get HOT (and it is probably not "good"). But it seems that if you do not hit "Go" when the radio boots the DJI app does not start. Meaning after the radio boots just this the (4) squares for applications and start Litchi and you are good to go.

My first take off the drone had the "shakes" never saw that before.. I immediately landed and restarted everything. Never saw that issue again.

I started a waypoint mission and left the voice prompts on. It was annoying me so I wen to turn it off and the Litchi app never came out of the Settings page... it was hung. A few seconds later it prompted me to "Force application" or "Wait". I waited for what seemed like an eternity as my drone was racing for the river at 25 mph. Made the decision to restart the radio and then went to the DJI GO app hoping for the best. The drone was not quite at the river but I flew her back manually while I settled down ;)

I set up a new test, that had no water hazards involved, and the waypoint and camera POI actions are kind of clunky looking when you watch the video maybe it is something I am doing? But I have it set to on focus POI and only 1 POI but it does a poor job of it. Camera is all over the place. But it runs its waypoints no issue even if it loses radio connectivity.

View attachment 73853

Regarding the clunky movements, that has been mentioned before - that is the video does not show smooth curves. Apparently, that may be a DJI issue as folks say it occurs with the Go App's Missions, too. I've not tried missions.

Reactions: DebianDog

Yes, that is correct.

App crashes shouldn't need the controller rebooting? Just press the BACK+5D UP and should drop you back to the home screen, where you could launch Go4, at least that's how it works on mine?

Also Litchi works just fine if you have the play services installed, and take about 5 minutes to do if you want to do it. Gave it a quick try earlier after 1st successful flight (using Go4), so can't see why there would be a problem.

Reactions: Brewbud
Also Lichie seems to work just fine on the SC

Reactions: Brewbud
I know the conversations here are quite old but reading some of them, I really felt the urge to comment.

All of you who are are going "don't risk it, pay again for litchi" or "litchi created two for a reason."

IT IS THE EXACT SAME APP ON BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME PLATFORM.

Litchi had the opportunity here to do a bit of marketing and allow existing android users who have already paid for their app to at the very least get a discount.

If you choose to pay again for the amazon version, you're basically encouraging behaviour like this. Either don't use it if you're scared or use the Google Play version.
Go ahead and compare the firmware releases and versions between them.

But they chose to profit from the same app.
Develop one from the ground up for the Amazon store. I'll gladly pay. One specifically for the Smart controller.

But making your customers pay twice for the same platform. Same exact app is just evil.

I know the conversations here are quite old but reading some of them, I really felt the urge to comment.

All of you who are are going "don't risk it, pay again for litchi" or "litchi created two for a reason."

IT IS THE EXACT SAME APP ON BASICALLY THE EXACT SAME PLATFORM.

Litchi had the opportunity here to do a bit of marketing and allow existing android users who have already paid for their app to at the very least get a discount.

If you choose to pay again for the amazon version, you're basically encouraging behaviour like this. Either don't use it if you're scared or use the Google Play version.
Go ahead and compare the firmware releases and versions between them.

But they chose to profit from the same app.
Develop one from the ground up for the Amazon store. I'll gladly pay. One specifically for the Smart controller.

But making your customers pay twice for the same platform. Same exact app is just evil.
When I went from Android to iOS I just called them up and they canceled and credited my Android purchase so I could purchase it again on iOS. They may do the same thing going from Google Play to Amazon App store. I just recommend adding the Google Play store to the Smart Controller and using the app you have already purchased. There are a few threads on here describing how to do this, HERE IS ONE. I have had Google Play Store on my Smart Controller for quite a while and it works flawlessly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore