DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi app

chornung

Reactions
Has anyone tried litchi with the mavic? I noticed a beta version is out and was able to update. Does anyone know if this works with android?
Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my SM-G925V using MavicPilots mobile app

On Android the current production version doesn't connect (as expected). They are working on it.

Reactions: Fahr
Hooked it up and waiting to test it out. All seems to operate as it should.
2a77327a3acfd672a217a46c329557cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Nathan Hoover
It worked great for me when I tested it a few days ago. I set waypoints with the Mavic off, while sitting at home, and then went out and pulled up the mission and flew it. It rounded the turns between waypoints very well. This was a simple test with just 5 waypoints but a couple were higher in altitude and it climbed to those just fine.

Question for Litchi experts...
Can I have both the GoApp and Litchi installed on the phone and use which ever one I want for each flight? Does Litchi make any firmware change to either the RC or the Mavic? Thanks

Can I have both the GoApp and Litchi installed on the phone and use which ever one I want for each flight? Does Litchi make any firmware change to either the RC or the Mavic? Thanks
I have both installed. Flew last night with Litchi with no issues. When you first open Litchi it gives you a warning to make sure other apps (DJI Go, etc) are closed prior to opening and using.

I'm Android it's no problem to have multiple apps. You just pick one when you plug in the USB. I typically have 4 or 5 apps for flying installed.

Anyone wanna try switching apps mid flight? ha I always forget about Litchi until I'm flying and I've had it downloaded since before I got the Mavic.

I've switched apps mid flight many times. Best to do when you're not too far away of course but it's no problem.

Anyone having successes/issues with the Android version 3.9.0 (beta)? I have downloaded it onto my Pixel and created a test Mission, but haven't flown it yet (waiting for the weather to improve). Hopefully tomorrow I'll run the Mission to see how it goes.

I just installed Litchi on my iPhone 6 with IOS 10. It seems to work fine but haven't used it much yet. I am planning to fly a more complex waypoint mission tomorrow.

Ran a Litchi mission today that I pre planned on the computer yesterday. It ran great overall. I set my waypoints with some having different altitudes. Also set points of interest and had the camera "Focus on POI".

One small issue I had was on start up. I had opened up DJI go first to do a compass calibration and then closed it. When I opened up Litchi, it didn't connect to the Mavic. I powered down the controller and Mavic and then powered them on again. Started Litchi and they it was able to connect.

A great app though. Can't wait to run more missions. Will be great for work too, to run the same missions repeatedly, to do time lapses on our projects.

DJI GO might still run in the background and block the USB port for Litchi. So tap onto the task manager button and explicitely close DJI GO, then try again with Litchi.

Im interested in the VR mode. What cable is everyone using to connect the remote to the phone while the phone is in the headset?

Apple or Android? For my Android phone I will use the standard charging cable supplied with it. That fits into the USB portat the rear lower side of the remote.

Reactions: M4RK
Im interested in the VR mode. What cable is everyone using to connect the remote to the phone while the phone is in the headset?
any will do. it just needs to be at least 3 foot long (4ft is probably ideal) so it can reach from the controller in your hands to your head.

I got the Litchi app specifically for pre planned waypoint missions, which the aircraft has executed well each time. The camera, however, regularly stops recording and the screen freezes after this screen message appears:

"!Warning: Aircraft Encoder Error Solution: Please restart aircraft, if the problem persists, contact DJI Support."

Well, I can't imagine how the first part of this instruction can be followed with the aircraft flying at 38 km/hour about 1 km away over an uninhabited wooded area!

Fortunately, thus far, the aircraft has carried on regardless with the mission and returned safely!

All the logs of these flights appear perfectly normal, when studied afterwards.

The second part of the above instruction was straightforward to follow. DJI Support simply said I have to take up the problem with Litchi, alternately only do waypoint flying with DJI Go, which, of course, does not cater for pre-planned waypoint flying.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike