DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi app

I flew a little today with the Mavic and the latest Litchi 3.9.2 release on a Nexus 5x. I tried:
  • Panorama, normal, 26 shots - ok
  • Panorama, portrait mode, 38 shots - died after taking 32 shots (completed manually)
  • Waypoint mission, 55 waypoints, no waypoint actions, completed fine.
After my second panorama, my camera was stuck in Portrait mode. Could not set it back to normal in software (either Litchi or Go). Had to restart Mavic then it worked fine.

It's getting better but still needs work.

So I tried it out this morning, three missions and all went perfectly. With some planning and practice there's great potential. It's basically what I expected the Waypoints in the DJI Go app to be.
FWIW I had no camera problems and glitches so far. Using Samsung S7 Edge Android 6.0.1

Reactions: WolfgangStiller
So I tried it out this morning, three missions and all went perfectly. With some planning and practice there's great potential. It's basically what I expected the Waypoints in the DJI Go app to be.
FWIW I had no camera problems and glitches so far. Using Samsung S7 Edge Android 6.0.1

The Go app is light years behind Litchi in this respect. You can also use the Litchi Mission Hub to design or view your missions. Mission Hub - Litchi

Yes litchi mission hub on your pc or mac is very easy to use and then just download it from the cloud to your mobile phone when you are the location you want to start the mission.
Litchi is light years ahead of dji go!
You can fly missions without keeping a connection between the drone and the controller it want start return to home procedure..it will complete the mission and then return to home .. unless there is not enough battery and then it will end the mission before and return home.
I have sent my p4 and now my mavic to many very long missions of about 17 minutes and never had any problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I just put mine up and took a 4 row 34 shot Litchi Panorama without a hitch (Litchi v3.9.2). First attempt at it too. Using an Android S7 edge. I am looking forward to see if the stitching works in LR.

Previously with the 3.9.0 beta I had two TBE events in 2 days mid WPT mission which was very disconcerting at the time. Fortunately the video link and telemetry was there so I could recover it. Likely that is was just coincidental that I was using Litchi at the time. But this sure has made me reign in my WPT routes until some one fixes the Mavic TBE issue.

Edit. To follow up on the Litchi Panorama I did. Tried unsuccessfully to do the stitch in Lightroom. It could not hack it. Spending 45 minutes and eventually the process failed. So I installed Microsoft ICE and it had not problems stitching it all up. I tried viewing the completed image in the FSPviewer (Windows). It works although the bottom of the sphere below the drone was somewhat distorted. so I have still got a lot to learn but I was happy with it for a first crack.

Is there some other view that is recommended for spherical images to display nicely on a PC

Last edited:
Yes litchi mission hub on your pc or mac is very easy to use and then just download it from the cloud to your mobile phone when you are the location you want to start the mission.
Litchi is light years ahead of dji go!
You can fly missions without keeping a connection between the drone and the controller it want start return to home procedure..it will complete the mission and then return to home .. unless there is not enough battery and then it will end the mission before and return home.
I have sent my p4 and now my mavic to many very long missions of about 17 minutes and never had any problems at all.

What type of terrain and areas?

Sent from [emoji211]

I've done 15+ minute mapping missions in an urban environment where I have connection with the drone only 5-10% of the time. Works perfectly.

Reactions: duelingglove
any will do. it just needs to be at least 3 foot long (4ft is probably ideal) so it can reach from the controller in your hands to your head.
Do you have to plug into the side micro usb or does it work using the big usb2 connection on the Mavic remote? I'm debating whether to buy litchi as I want fly full face fpv but worried it won't work. I'm using a Samsung galaxy S7. Thanks.

Do you have to plug into the side micro usb or does it work using the big usb2 connection on the Mavic remote? I'm debating whether to buy litchi as I want fly full face fpv but worried it won't work. I'm using a Samsung galaxy S7. Thanks.
Both USB ports are equivalent, but just one of them may be plugged-in at the remote at a time.
I am using Litchi with VR goggles and my Sony Xperia XZ, connected by the Sony standard charging cable to the remote's big USB port and it works fantastic!

Reactions: pmgflights
I just installed Litchi on my iPhone 6 with IOS 10. It seems to work fine but haven't used it much yet. I am planning to fly a more complex waypoint mission tomorrow.
I too installed Lichi on iPhone 6 IOS 10, a few times during the flight loses connection & freezes. Had to click RTH few times to force it return home!!

Both USB ports are equivalent, but just one of them may be plugged-in at the remote at a time.
I am using Litchi with VR goggles and my Sony Xperia XZ, connected by the Sony standard charging cable to the remote's big USB port and it works fantastic!
Sounds cool, im gonna use z5 also. May i ask what goggles you are using ?

Last edited:
Thanks. I will look into that.
There is coupple options that im considering, most of them bulkier than the one's you are using. Here is one of the cheapest option.

Amazon.com: SainSonic 3D VR Glasses, 3D VR Headset Virtual Reality Box with Adjustable Lens and Strap for iPhone 5 5s 6 plus Samsung S3 Edge Note 4 and 4.7-6 inch Smartphone, Ideal for 3d Videos Movies Games: Cell Phones & Accessories

Thanks again for good review on your goggles.

Btw. I was just flying my hexa, its -5C° here today..i must go find and dig out my rc gloves !! :D

Litchi offers a very helpful function (which can be assigned to a remote button) for switching VR sight between Mavic camera and phone camera while wearing the goggles. This way you can get awareness about what's happening around yourself or monitor takeoff without removing the goggles. But this function can only work if you are using goggles which give free sight to the phones's camera what is not true with your mentioned SainSonic goggles. So I would not take these.

Hooked it up and waiting to test it out. All seems to operate as it should.
2a77327a3acfd672a217a46c329557cc.jpg

Where abouts are you flying, US? What are your laws regarding flying in a congested area? A flight like this over houses in the UK would be a big no no :)

Sent from my SM-N920C using MavicPilots mobile app

Litchi offers a very helpful function (which can be assigned to a remote button) for switching VR sight between Mavic camera and phone camera while wearing the goggles. This way you can get awareness about what's happening around yourself or monitor takeoff without removing the goggles. But this function can only work if you are using goggles which give free sight to the phones's camera what is not true with your mentioned SainSonic goggles. So I would not take these.
That would be a good feature, thanks for the tip. I was today testing for myphonekit vr goggles. Two plastic lenses, they fellt wery comfortable, but i couldn't get the lenses adjusted so that they would have a single image..just two overlapping square image [emoji51]
Couldn't find any english site that are selling them, i think the same goggles are sold with different brands..? Here is coupple of images of them anyway.
https://www.google.fi/amp/s/www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product.amp/16261/ggssf/

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots