DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi beta test flight

Just had a huge 17 waypoint, 19000+ total feet flight in which I lost connection for 5 butt clenching minutes. The drone returned without a hitch, so far so good.

2 sucesful missions with litchi beta iOS with mavic air.. same missions i have for my mavic pro. Only small issue is the remote controller switched off after a while after beeping continuously . had to switch it on again but other than that no issues.
My long range mission was about 6km and i usually lose conection in about 2-3 minutes of flying due to the dense trees around my house.. but i am used to that.. all my missions are flown without having any connection to the drone.. just have to make sure height is well above any obstacles and there is no cross wind on the way back.
I have many years of experience of using Litchi with all my phantom and mavic drones and it is very effective for taking some amazing videos of places that you would not be able take otherwise.
Only thing i have not tested yet is the new feature of RTH which instead of flying back in a straight line if it runs out of battery in theory it would follow a path around obstacles and same path as original path.
I usually arrange enough time like 16-18 minutes flight time so it returns back to where i am while in the mission... but sometimes due to wind for example it flies a little slower and then stops the mission and starts the RTH procedure.. this is where it would be interesting to know if the new features of the mavic are used.

Got any video of those flights? Would be nice to see some of your footage and if this software provides some unique advantages maybe I will join the Litchi club, meanwhile content to read these interesting posts.

Last edited:
Just had a huge 17 waypoint, 19000+ total feet flight in which I lost connection for 5 butt clenching minutes. The drone returned without a hitch, so far so good.

Lost Video connection oder the whole remote was gone ?

The whole remote disconnected for 5 minutes. I’ve read about another pilots remote shutting off after a lengthy disconnect. Strangely, this wasn’t an issue for me. The remote regained signal as the craft got closer.

Reactions: michelbaudry
upload_2018-4-22_16-50-31.png

I have tried the Mavic Air missions with the bets version and it worked good. I have worked with mission with Litchi for about 3 years and I was never disappointed. Litchi is a professional program. On of the features that it has is when during a mission the connection is lost between the drone and the remote even the several minutes, the drone will continue the mission till the end.upload_2018-4-22_16-50-31.png

The whole remote disconnected for 5 minutes. I’ve read about another pilots remote shutting off after a lengthy disconnect. Strangely, this wasn’t an issue for me. The remote regained signal as the craft got closer.

Which Firmware are you on ?

Litchi 2.2 is live on the AppStore with Mavic air support. Planning to test it later after work.

Just did a very quick Litchi Way Points test during my lunch break, flying around a field just a few minutes walk from my office.

Worked really well. The drone was set at cruising speed which is a bit too fast probably, plus it was very very gusty so there's some camera shake at 30m high.

As it flew behind the row of trees from WP4 to WP5, that I was standing close to, I lost signal for maybe 10 seconds, but it carried following the path like a champ.

This is the path the Air followed:
045152tlsdy2slol1jdjoj.png

And here is the unedited footage, nothing exciting just panning along the path above:

Has anyone noticed that when you program a "Stay TO" time at a waypoint, the MA only pauses for the designated period at the first and the last waypoint? There is no pause on any of the other waypoints in the mission even though each of the interim waypoint show that a "Stay For" time has been entered.

Has anyone noticed that when you program a "Stay TO" time at a waypoint, the MA only pauses for the designated period at the first and the last waypoint? There is no pause on any of the other waypoints in the mission even though each of the interim waypoint show that a "Stay For" time has been entered.
Did you contact the Litchi Team ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan