DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Connections to DJI?

MavicFlyer

Reactions
While reading the the Litchi User Guide, I read the following:
"When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers ".
What exactly does this mean? Why would Litchi need to connect to DJI servers?
I do NOT sync my flights with DJI, and don't intend to start.
Does that mean that I can't use Litchi?? Can it be used w/o DJI connection?

While reading the the Litchi User Guide, I read the following:
"When starting the app for the first time after installation, you will need to be connected to Internet in order to register the app with DJI servers ".
What exactly does this mean? Why would Litchi need to connect to DJI servers?
I do NOT sync my flights with DJI, and don't intend to start.
Does that mean that I can't use Litchi?? Can it be used w/o DJI connection?

It’s just registering the app key with DJI. You can do this once and then fly the drone completely offline from there. It’s to initialize the SDK within Litchi to be used with your drone. It’s it’s not sending information about you(at least in this case) it’s to ensure that the app hasn’t been tampered with from when the developer registered the app with DJI and when you started using it.

I suspect this is causing my Litchi to not connect to the controller. Did you find how to get past this point? I'm using a DJI Mavic Air 2 with an iPhone7 using the Litchi for DJI Drones app. No luck connecting - I even tried my iPad...any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.... :)

I suspect this is causing my Litchi to not connect to the controller. Did you find how to get past this point? I'm using a DJI Mavic Air 2 with an iPhone7 using the Litchi for DJI Drones app. No luck connecting - I even tried my iPad...any thoughts on this would be most appreciated.... :)
DJI hasn’t released an SDK yet from MA2. No Litchi or any other 3rd party apps for MA2 till this happens. A new one was just released without support for MA2 and they are generally released quarterly so maybe this fall

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thank you for the info. I thought I was going crazy getting this software to work. It's a real bummer, this is going to make taking drone footage of homes much more difficult. Oh well - keeping fingers crosses for the fall... :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78