DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Flight playback.

Here is a 1 minute video of the Mavic in the tree about 50 feet up. It's hard to see with this camera.I went to Home Depot and bought 7- 1' x 3/4 x 8 foot pcs of wood and directed the first one upwards and taped each one together as i raised them up using other branches as a guide. It was just too flimsy, I got it to the right height and only managed to hit the limb a little. I failed to get it down so far. Thanks to Sar104 it was exactly where he said it would be. I got my elevations wrong on some of the way-points.( not sure if the video will work, uploading from pc) I was heading back to the car when I spotted it way up there. UPDATE-the uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Looked like a good place to do mission, no house mainly woods, very little people.

Reactions: bronze661
Glad you found it, sar you are really good at saving our drones thanks.

Reactions: bronze661
Purchase multiple lengths of PVC pipe 3/4" purchase the straight couplers. Slip fit the couplers on the pvc to make longer. Slide it up the tree branches and wiggle wiggle wiggle slap that Mavic to earth! Suspend a tarp above ground level to give a pocket that will catch it.

Another one found thanks to SAR104 ! We should start a thread with a running tally of all the Mavic finds that he has facilitated! Its actually kinda good that it crashed in the tree's as if it was on the ground it might have been snatched by now.

Oh, and LOL at the word usage of Subterrainian

Last edited:
Purchase multiple lengths of PVC pipe 3/4" purchase the straight couplers. Slip fit the couplers on the pvc to make longer. Slide it up the tree branches and wiggle wiggle wiggle slap that Mavic to earth! Suspend a tarp above ground level to give a pocket that will catch it.

Another one found thanks to SAR104 ! We should start a thread with a running tally of all the Mavic finds that he has facilitated! Its actually kinda good that it crashed in the tree's as if it was on the ground it might have been snatched by now.

Oh, and LOL at the word usage of Subterrainian

It’s a good idea, but he’s going to need guy wires on it with that floppy thing ;)

Seriously though, I tried this before for an antenna. It’s too difficult to lift with 5 sections so a person pulling back on a wire tied in about 3 sections up helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: bronze661 and BD0G
Thanks to all Mavic Pilots, your comments and suggestions were a huge help. I was able to get my Mavic out of the tree Tuesday morning before work. I used the old slingshot, fishing line, sinkers and thin rope routine. It took about 8 tries to get over the limb I needed. After spending 3 nights up in that tree and a little rain it seems to be just fine. Two chipped propellers. The battery is charged up. I haven't fired it up yet, just making sure its dry inside, but I think its ok. I will have the crash video out Friday evening sometime.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman