DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LITCHI for Mavic Air

Mackeaveli

Reactions
Let me here your opinion on Litchi. I want waypoints but I'm nervous about a 3rd party program. Let me know if you have an opinion on Litchi or suggestions for a substitute or 3rd party app to give me waypoints.

Weather has not cooperated with me very much since picking up my Mavic Air during Memorial Day weekend. I haven't had a chance to test Litchi out.

Does the APAS system work with waypoints? What features are missing from Litchi that are in DJI Go?

Hoping the weather starts getting nicer so I can have some flight time soon.

The Litschi app has been around for quite awhile. It has been used on many if not all platforms of DJI drones. I have used it without problems and can recommend.

The Litschi app has been around for quite awhile. It has been used on many if not all platforms of DJI drones. I have used it without problems and can recommend.

I flew Litchi almost exclusively with my Phantom 3 Pro. But that didn't have the same capabilities like the APAS, collision detection, or Quick Shots. It had the active track, but didn't work all that well because it was being done from the phone and not the hardware on the drone itself.

Weather and schedule just hasn't allowed for a chance to try it out. I haven't found much on Litchi for the Mavic Air other than it has Waypoints and DJI Go does not. I'm looking to see if I can use Litchi exclusively again or do I need to swap between the two.

I bought Litchi and was a little nervous about a 3rd party app controlling my aircraft but after a few flights, I am sold. It seems to be a solid app and more intuitive and user friendly that the DJI app. I like it.

Reactions: buddb55
I bought Litchi and was a little nervous about a 3rd party app controlling my aircraft but after a few flights, I am sold. It seems to be a solid app and more intuitive and user friendly that the DJI app. I like it.

I love the app its my go to app, I have over 100 flights with it now, and with the excellent VLM app as well its just so easy to plan a safe mission.

I love the app its my go to app, I have over 100 flights with it now, and with the excellent VLM app as well its just so easy to plan a safe mission.
Does Litchi automatically download pictures to your phone? I can't seem to find where to see the pictures other than hooking my aircraft directly to the computer

Not sure on a phone as I use two tablets, but my tablets cache the video, and the pictures but these are only low res ones anyway, the full size ones are on the sdcard.

Reactions: ffemt300
Does Litchi automatically download pictures to your phone? I can't seem to find where to see the pictures other than hooking my aircraft directly to the computer

You can turn on the photo cache option in the settings, but it doesn't work in all flight modes. When you turn it on I think it pops up a box that tells you which modes it does not work in.

Let me here your opinion on Litchi. I want waypoints but I'm nervous about a 3rd party program. Let me know if you have an opinion on Litchi or suggestions for a substitute or 3rd party app to give me waypoints.
Been running Litchi for 2 months now. The only thing I do not like is that I find when I establish my Way Points they are not actually where I want them. By this I am referring to the fact that on map they are correct whereas in reality they are extended by as much as 30m (roughly 100 feet). I have ended up flying over moving traffic as a result. Now I ensure my WPs are purposely shortened to ensure safety. I do wish some more of the GO4 features were in Litchi, i.e., boomerang, tripod, etc. it would save having to maintain 2 seperate devices — Samsung Tab S for Litchi and Note 8 for GO4 — as the 2 do NOT play nicely with each other on the same Android device

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy