DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Functionality iOS versus Android

kyoung

Reactions
I have be testing Litchi on both an iOS device and an Android. So far I have noticed some differences. For example each handles free hand waypoint missions differently. With the Android version I can select the spacing beween waypoints. Depending on the spacing Litchi will determine the number of waypoints. However, the iOS version does not allow spacing and you only get two waypoints, one at the start and one at the finish. Also, Litchi Vue works on the iOS device, but is not supported for Android devices.

Can anyone point me to a comparison of the functionality between the iOS and Android versions? I like the functionality of Litchi, but don't want to have two different tablets to get everything I need.

Thanks,

Keith

Reactions: iBcrashin
According to Litchi:

iOs version:

- Virtual Reality mode compatible with most mobile VR goggles such as Freefly VR, Durovis, Homido, Cardboard etc
- Move the gimbal/aircraft with your head in VR mode
- Track mode: the aircraft can track any object you select on the video preview, you can also Orbit around the tracked object or have the aircraft autonomously follow the subject
- Panorama mode: easily shoot 360° horizontal and spherical panoramas
- Focus mode: easily keep focus on a subject while flying your aircraft
- Orbit mode with advanced settings and real time controls
- Ability to pre-plan Waypoint missions without being connected to the aircraft
- Waypoint missions will continue even when signal is lost
- Ability to plan waypoint missions on a desktop PC/Mac at Mission Hub - Litchi, missions can then be synced and executed with Litchi
- Automatic mission sync across all your devices when logged in to your Litchi account
- Draw waypoint missions with the pen tool
- Setup classic Waypoint missions as well as Cable Cams, Selfies and more
- Waypoint mode supports multiple Points of Interest
- Customizable Bezier curves in Waypoint mode for smoother videos
- 6 different waypoint actions (Stay for / Take Photo / Start Recording / Stop Recording / Rotate Aircraft / Tilt Camera)
- Automatic gimbal control (Focus POI and Interpolate)
- Take manual control of the aircraft during the mission to play/replay the mission on the fly including gimbal movements
- Use the Panorama preset to easily shoot a horizontal panorama at waypoints
- Custom RC keys functions allowing you to create missions as you fly them and more
- Load and Save your missions
- Livestream your drone's video feed to Facebook
- Stream the video feed to a nearby device running the Litchi Vue app (for USB-based drones)
- Record your iOS device screen at the tap of a button
- Human readable flight logs, can be automatically uploaded to Airdata UAV
- Voice feedback for important warnings
- All camera settings are included
- Automatic video recording

Android version:
• Advanced Waypoint editor allowing you to setup classic missions as well as Cable Cams, Selfies, Panoramas, with real time controls and unlimited distance
• Panorama mode: easily shoot 360° horizontal and spherical panoramas
• Virtual Reality mode compatible with most mobile VR goggles such as Freefly VR, Durovis, Homido, Gear VR (P3 Standard), Cardboard etc
• Move the gimbal and aircraft with your head in VR mode
• Track mode: the aircraft can track any object you select on the video preview, you can also Orbit around the tracked object or have the aircraft autonomously follow the subject (requires high performance device)
• Livestream your drone's video feed to Facebook
• Focus mode: easily keep focus on a subject while flying your aircraft
• Follow me with advanced settings and real time controls
• Option to use external mobile device as Follow me target by using Litchi Magic Leash (available on iOS and Android Litchi Magic Leash - Android Apps on Google Play), this means you don't have to carry the RC around with you
• Follow touch mode, place a marker anywhere on the map, drag it around and the aircraft will follow it
• Orbit mode with advanced settings and real time controls
• Automatically sync your flight logs with your Airdata UAV account
• Ability to save and load Waypoint missions and Orbit flights
• Course Lock / Home Lock
• Advanced camera settings and shooting modes
• Auto record
• Dynamic homepoint

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics