DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi introduced Restrictions?

MavicFT1P

Reactions
Hi There
I use old firmware/version for AC, RC and for DJI GO. (.700 all round, and GO 4.06)
As I like freedom with my Mavic

I just installed Litchi 3.7 (latest).
Am i going to get any suprise in Aircraft control, NFZ's

As you all know doing the same thing with Dji Go, would have
-made me sign in
-installed a bunch of NFZ restrictions
-Aircraft restrictions
-I forgot the rest, but just bollocking in general.

I would still fly GO 4.06, but Map support has been discontinued.
It's been my experience that Litchi kind of gels with, uses your GO basist settings,
and it seems to have done this time. But overconfidence aint so great..

Thanks. Any Insight would be Appreciated

Reactions: Drone-007
Hi There
I use old firmware/version for AC, RC and for DJI GO. (.700 all round, and GO 4.06)
As I like freedom with my Mavic

I just installed Litchi 3.7 (latest).
Am i going to get any suprise in Aircraft control, NFZ's

As you all know doing the same thing with Dji Go, would have
-made me sign in
-installed a bunch of NFZ restrictions
-Aircraft restrictions
-I forgot the rest, but just bollocking in general.

I would still fly GO 4.06, but Map support has been discontinued.
It's been my experience that Litchi kind of gels with, uses your GO basist settings,
and it seems to have done this time. But overconfidence aint so great..

Thanks. Any Insight would be Appreciated

First of all if you are on 01.03.0700 you have the ability to completely turn off NFZs restrictions. The drone might still be aware of them and the DJI Go 4 app might give you a warning message or even try to fool you into thinking that you are being restricted but you aren’t if you turn them off.

Litchi doesn’t have the ability to access your DJI Go 4 app files and there’s nothing to sign in to. Litchi has its own “restricted areas” separate from DJI Go 4 that can often be different but these are just for reference. You can turn them off in the map settings if you don’t even want to see them or be aware of them.

NFZ is mostly handled by the aircraft and if you want to not only turn them off but make your Mavic unaware that there is such a thing as NFZs it’s pretty easy to root your Mavic these days and delete that functionality all together.

To answer your question more directly Litchi doesn’t have anything to do with NFZs. It may alert you that you’ve entered one but it doesn’t have to ability to stop you from flying. That’s handled by the aircraft. It also can’t update your firmware so it won’t offer to. Any settings that carryover from DJI Go 4 to Litchi is because those settings are saved to the aircraft not the app. Most settings are stored on the aircraft. Only ones I can think of stored on the app are the C1, C2, and 5D buttons as well as things that have to do with the information displayed on the app like imperial/metric etc.

Last edited:
Thanks Brett for your reply
That was extremely helpful, cheers

Good Old Litchi. Shouldn't have doubted her.
And it doesn't even crash *touch wood*

PS: If you notice I'm being extremely unhelpful in my last post elsewhere
it's because im pretty sure guy is a susspicious, dunno. google translate is makes
me paranoid
PPS: Changed love to like so you dont get the wrong impression
PPS: Im going to stop typing now

Last edited:
I was considering downloading Litchi as DJI app has too much NFZ now. I live in Malta, a small island 316km squared and to find a spot to fly is becoming a nightmare. Do you think Litchi will at least lessen this problem? I still wish to keep the go app 4 but when I see things are getting more restricted will stop that app and fly with the Litchi. Any feedback of this from other similiar users will be much appreciated. Thanks

Malta, Never heard of it. Is that where Malt comes from?

I was considering downloading Litchi as DJI app has too much NFZ now. I live in Malta, a small island 316km squared and to find a spot to fly is becoming a nightmare. Do you think Litchi will at least lessen this problem? I still wish to keep the go app 4 but when I see things are getting more restricted will stop that app and fly with the Litchi. Any feedback of this from other similiar users will be much appreciated. Thanks

I don't think you'll gain much simply adding Litchi to your existing situation. Last week I was using Litchi and it was reporting the exact same flight restrictions (at least for my area) as Go4 was.

It's in Europe, near Sicily

So it is. I see there is a island nearby called Gozo
Have you flown your Drone from Malta to Gozo. One way obviously?
That would be Epic, as it looks about 7km from coast to coast

If you ran into trouble you could land on the island in between Comino.
Is that a tunnel between the two land mass, that is pretty cool for a small nation?

Nice that i just learnt about 3 new islands. Thanks google Maps

Edit: Make that 5. Pantelleria and Lampedusa

Last edited:
Nope ;) Can't to take it there! I need the ferry to cross from 2 islands and its takes approx 25-30mins crossing, and the ship is every hour! so by the time I land the drone somewhere and arrive in Gozo by ferry God knows what will be left from the drone hehe! For Comino we need another smaller boat to go there, for the moment no bridge or tunnel crossing but its in the pipeline!! So, about my original question you think its still restricted using Litchi?

I don't think you'll gain much simply adding Litchi to your existing situation. Last week I was using Litchi and it was reporting the exact same flight restrictions (at least for my area) as Go4 was.

Thanks Al
Well, if Litchi doesnt report any that my version of GO hasn't that suits me fine :)
As my Op stated, I just don't want any surprises

Nope ;) Can't to take it there! I need the ferry to cross from 2 islands and its takes approx 25-30mins crossing, and the ship is every hour! so by the time I land the drone somewhere and arrive in Gozo by ferry God knows what will be left from the drone hehe! For Comino we need another smaller boat to go there, for the moment no bridge or tunnel crossing but its in the pipeline!! So, about my original question you think its still restricted using Litchi?

Sounds like a good reason to get Married to a Nice Gozo girl..with a speedboat if possible ;)

Says on Wikipedia you guys gave the finger, held out against the Nazis in ww2, respect.
They never were too good at taking Islands, eh

As Brett stated , Litchi reports to your Mavics firmware version.
I dont know much about firmware, except that i like the one mine came with in 2016.
If it aint broke dont fix it

Right for the most part it won’t change anything. There is a narrow situation where the flysafe database on your Mavic could be less restrictive then the flysafe database on your DJI Go 4 app and so a certain place might be restricted on your DJI app but not on the aircraft.

In which case by using Litchi the aircraft would only have its own fly safe database to rely on but as far as I know there’s no way to check if a place is restricted on the aircrafts database before hand.

greetings
i think there are two elements here. one is the aircraft os and the other is the control app litchi. id look at the local laws and consider going with no limit drones to unlock you nfz,,,, but then it is on you to operate responsibly and with in the law. i use litchi and nld and like both. just another option to look at.

I think Ive got it. The only other thing i can think of is
There are More, but also Less settings with Litchi

So to utilize all settings (and i think this is obvious but o well)
I would just:

- Run & setup GO to my liking. (Short of uninstalling it, kill it as a procsess and dont run it anymore)

- Then Run Litchi, Set it up as I did GO, along with any additional settings to my liking, and Fly :)

*From what youve imparted,
The main GO or Litchi Aircraft Settings are stored via alteration in the AC firmware parameters, so the
settings are going to stack, or 'gel' as mentioned in my OP, and then the app Software takes it
from there.

I think Ive got it. The only other thing i can think of is
There are More, but also Less settings with Litchi

So to utilize all settings (and i think this is obvious but o well)
I would just:

- Run & setup GO to my liking. (Short of uninstalling it, kill it as a procsess and dont run it anymore)

- Then Run Litchi, Set it up as I did GO, along with any additional settings to my liking, and Fly :)

*From what youve imparted,
The main GO or Litchi Aircraft Settings are stored via alteration in the AC firmware parameters, so the
settings are going to stack, or 'gel' as mentioned in my OP, and then the app Software takes it
from there.

Litchi can interact with the settings that are in the aircraft. So just launch Litchi and set it up how you want it.

Litchi has lots more option for the C1,C2, and 5D buttons that are the main settings you’ll want to customize anyway. The settings that are stored on the aircraft are things you are unlikely to want to change very often like RAW or JPEG, gimbal speed and smoothing, auto/manual remote controller RC channel, video resolution, color style, aspect ratio, etc etc etc.

That’s not to say that you won’t be able to change those things inside of Litchi. You will and it will save those setting just like you did in DJI Go 4. So if you make a change in Litchi, shut it down and then reopen DJI Go 4 you’ll notice those settings will be changed to what you did in Litchi. With the big huge exception of the C1,C2, and 5D buttons which are always controlled by the app that’s currently running.

There are certain things that are temporary stored on the aircraft but get reset when you turn off the aircraft no matter which app you use like single shot, HDR, or bracket exposures.

The way Litchi lets you customize the buttons puts DJI Go 4 to shame so I’d just set up from Litchi

Reactions: MavicFT1P
Sorted :)
Cheers

PS:
Really is surprising more people dont fly with it. Missions/tokens aside.
Maps are to the Metre, no lag whatsoever.
UI is better (Minimap is on the lower right, So you can have Heading aswell

Sorted :)
Cheers

PS:
Really is surprising more people dont fly with it. Missions/tokens aside.
Maps are to the Metre, no lag whatsoever.
UI is better (Minimap is on the lower right, So you can have Heading aswell
But no way to go full screen live view and I wish the mini map was smaller ?

Full screen is nice. And more importantly
You can customise a "toggle Map/Switch" to switch to MAP at any time.

Not sure if later versions of GO let you customise this one.
But with 4.06, the only way is to touch the the minimap on screen >_<

edit: Do you mean Full screen, nothing but Camera. Never tried that. Can GO do this?

Last edited:
Full screen is nice. And more importantly
You can customise a "toggle Map/Switch" to switch to MAP at any time.

Not sure if later versions of GO let you customise this one.
But with 4.06, the only way is to touch the the minimap on screen >_<

You can toggle the map in Litchi too. Just make it one of the C or 5D buttons.

I just wish it was a less cluttered live view screen. I also like seeing the “trace” function on the map in DJI Go 4. Maybe I’ve just grown accustomed to it but I like looking st the map and seeing that my mavic is flying in a straight line. I really wish Litchi had that. It’s so much better in so many ways but I end up missing the little things like that. ?I feel like I’m in an unhealthy co-dependent relationship with DJI Go 4.

• Haha
Reactions: MavicFT1P
First of all if you are on 01.03.0700 you have the ability to completely turn off NFZs restrictions. The drone might still be aware of them and the DJI Go 4 app might give you a warning message or even try to fool you into thinking that you are being restricted but you aren’t if you turn them off.

Litchi doesn’t have the ability to access your DJI Go 4 app files and there’s nothing to sign in to. Litchi has its own “restricted areas” separate from DJI Go 4 that can often be different but these are just for reference. You can turn them off in the map settings if you don’t even want to see them or be aware of them.

NFZ is mostly handled by the aircraft and if you want to not only turn them off but make your Mavic unaware that there is such a thing as NFZs it’s pretty easy to root your Mavic these days and delete that functionality all together.

To answer your question more directly Litchi doesn’t have anything to do with NFZs. It may alert you that you’ve entered one but it doesn’t have to ability to stop you from flying. That’s handled by the aircraft. It also can’t update your firmware so it won’t offer to. Any settings that carryover from DJI Go 4 to Litchi is because those settings are saved to the aircraft not the app. Most settings are stored on the aircraft. Only ones I can think of stored on the app are the C1, C2, and 5D buttons as well as things that have to do with the information displayed on the app like imperial/metric etc.
HI, I was told to use litchi to bypass dji restrictions, is that something you could help me with?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying