DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi iOS beta for Mini has this, Android beta has that...

EyesWideShut

Reactions
I've been playing with the iOS Litchi beta version for the MM1 for a couple of months now and mainly use the auto panorama mode and also in FPV with the iPhone clipped in some cheap goggle holder. The app works very well for that. There is no "Follow" mode with the iOS but the "Follow" mode is supported with Android. Tested it with an Android tablet today and was able to change the Follow position to various spots in flight as it followed my vehicle. Quite impressed but disappointed that the Follow mode isn't available with iOS. Wonder why...

On the other hand, video and still photo caching along with auto pano stitching that works well with iOS isn't available with Android. You take videos/stills but they are only stored on the card and can't be viewed at any resolution on the android. No caching, no pano stitching etc like on iOS. On Android you can't even see any video/stills you are taking and basically have to land and get the files off the card into some other viewer or stitching app. Again wonder why there is such a difference in working features between the two operating systems.

Also still hoping waypoints are coming for the mini 1, but even without, the Litchi app for the mini would be worth buying if the Follow mode worked in iOS and Pano stitching and video/still cache viewing and downloading was supported in Android.

Maybe someone here has had different results. Please correct me if I'm missing something here.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3