DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission: invalid rotation action parameter...what is this?

marklyn

Reactions
Hello,
Yesterday I had set up a mission with two waypoints that had rotate actions in them.
The mission would not load, and the error was: Upload failed - The waypoint has an invalid rotation action parameters(code-5131).

I have attached the mission from the Litchi Hub below.
The two waypoints rotation actions are in waypoint 8 & 11.
Waypoint 8 rotation action is: 170 (degrees) and waypoint 11 rotation action is: 270 (degrees)
For waypoint 8, the heading was 54 degrees and I wanted the Mavic to turn right, almost around.
For waypoint 11, the Mavic heading was 84 degrees and I wanted it to turn (clockwise to due west).
Can anyone guess which waypoint was the problem and why it was a problem?
Also, side question,if I want the Mavic to turn left 90 degrees, wouldn't I used -90 rotation action?

I've attached the mission in zipped format. Thanks!

Attachments

• MS-Gulfport Steve's harbor and beach run.zip
    872 bytes · Views: 4
First off, Actions cannot be performed on curved paths. I cant check your mission I get an error trying to import it:
Error: invalid altitude mode for waypoint 8 (accepted values are 0 for AboveTakeOff or 1 for AboveGround)

My mission were set to straight lines not curved path. Odd that you cannot import it, I had no problem importing it. I did have to zip the file to be able to posted here but that's easy enough to unzip and use.

My mission were set to straight lines not curved path. Odd that you cannot import it, I had no problem importing it. I did have to zip the file to be able to posted here but that's easy enough to unzip and use.
If I'm having problems importing because of an error on #8 try deleting that waypoint and recreating it.

I deleted wp8,re-added it same way and attached file here. It imported ok for me but I'm not going to be able to test it to see if it gets the error since I'm not at that location anymore.

Attachments

• litchi_mission (1).zip
    836 bytes · Views: 2
I deleted wp8,re-added it same way and attached file here. It imported ok for me but I'm not going to be able to test it to see if it gets the error since I'm not at that location anymore.
It imported fine this time, I'll take a look and report back.

Thanks. Because I won't be able to fly this route now that I'm gone, I can't imagine why I got that error.
Side question. In choosing a waypoint action to rotate aircraft in Litchi, does using -90 rotate to the left and 90 rotate to right?

OK, a couple things here, I reviewed your path in Google Earth, you are looking down quite a bit for the first few waypoints -30 and -25. What I do to plan my Litchi Missions is us VLM (Virtual Litchi Mission). I made a tutorial on how I use it here (note this is for hyperlapses but same process):

Been using VLM since version 1 and I am looking down because I programmed the mission that way.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato