DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission: lost my Air into the sea?

Mmn, another reason not to believe it reached the end point, since I did not touch the sticks once.
The problem with this is ...
It was programmed to go to waypoint 10 - is there any good reason to think it didn't get there?
And if it didn't get to waypoint 10, what did the drone do for 10.5 minutes?

It was programmed to go to waypoint 10 - is there any good reason to think it didn't get there?
And if it didn't get to waypoint 10, what did the drone do for 10.5 minutes?
The good reason is that it did not reconnect to the remote, only some 50 meters away. What it was doing in the meantime, that is a mystery to me. I did work on that track for at least 3 hours, to fine-tune it. Possibly something slipped into it? I remember playing it in Google Earth it had a forward and backward movement in it, but it pushed through (just after 7 minutes).

Maybe some weird failure in the drone itself? In sense I am happy to have a new on, with a new remote and will also re-install Litchi.

Sorry you lost your drone but happy you haven’t given up. Have a look around the software forum for VLM, Virtual Litchi Mission. It allows you to fly a planned mission and check viability. You’ll still have to make allowance for the wind speed and direction.
The loss of signal could have been because you were out of line of sight with your drone and the signals between drone and RC travel in a straight line. You can’t tell from the image how high the buildings behind you were.. Buildings and trees can cause this but the drone was flying a mission loaded onto it so the RC was not needed other than as a monitoring device, nice but unnecessary.

Last edited:
Have a look around the software forum for VLM, Virtual Litchi Mission.
Yes, I use it a lot and I love it. The accident did make me cautious, which I like, and today I am going to plan a flight again in beautiful Croatia.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_