DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission manually control altitude

Peterlore

Reactions
When flying a Litchi mission I’m able to adjust speed and yaw, which is great, BUT I can't adjust the altitude. Does anyone know how to enable it, or can confirm that it's not possible so I stop searching the whole www for an answer.

Thanks.

When flying a Litchi mission I’m able to adjust speed and yaw, which is great, BUT I can't adjust the altitude. Does anyone know how to enable it, or can confirm that it's not possible so I stop searching the whole www for an answer.

Thanks.

It’s a mission, a pre programmed flight which includes height, so no you can’t adjust it once it’s running the mission

It’s a mission, a pre programmed flight which includes height, so no you can’t adjust it once it’s running the mission
Thanks for your reply!

As you can adjust speed and yaw while flying a mission, which is also part of the pre programmed flight, I was hoping there also was a way to override the altitude as well, but now I got an confirmation it's not possible. I might contact Litchi for an enhancement.

Thanks for your reply!

As you can adjust speed and yaw while flying a mission, which is also part of the pre programmed flight, I was hoping there also was a way to override the altitude as well, but now I got an confirmation it's not possible. I might contact Litchi for an enhancement.

Speed and yaw aren’t uploaded to the quads memory hence you can adjust them, height is one of the few parameters loaded to the quad,
Speed and yaw during a mission are sent from the app which means that if it goes out of range of the transmitter then speed and height won’t be adjusted, the reason why Litchi warns you when you set a manual speed in a mission.

No point asking Litchi, the parameters that can be uploaded are what DJI have set in the SDK and litchi can’t make changes to that

Speed and yaw aren’t uploaded to the quads memory hence you can adjust them, height is one of the few parameters loaded to the quad,
Speed and yaw during a mission are sent from the app which means that if it goes out of range of the transmitter then speed and height won’t be adjusted, the reason why Litchi warns you when you set a manual speed in a mission.

No point asking Litchi, the parameters that can be uploaded are what DJI have set in the SDK and litchi can’t make changes to that
Great. Thanks for an very informative answer! Now I really know how the that part of the mission works. I guess I just have to live with it ;)

If you have a good control signal and your running a mission and you want to look at something just pause it and go look at whatever then unpause and the mission resumes..

If you have a good control signal and your running a mission and you want to look at something just pause it and go look at whatever then unpause and the mission resumes..
...and yet it still won't let you change altitude.

I programmed a mission by flying it first, and setting waypoints by drone's position. This included a pass under a rather low bridge over some small rapids.

Unfortunately, when I flew the mission, the entire thing was about 1 foot higher than I had programmed. When it came to the bridge, the collision avoidance kicked in and stopped the drone. I paused the mission, and found I could back up, yaw, but NOT change altitude. Really peeved about that. I wanted to manually fly under the bridge again as I had done earlier, but until I stopped the mission, I couldn't change altitude.

...and yet it still won't let you change altitude.

I programmed a mission by flying it first, and setting waypoints by drone's position. This included a pass under a rather low bridge over some small rapids.

Unfortunately, when I flew the mission, the entire thing was about 1 foot higher than I had programmed. When it came to the bridge, the collision avoidance kicked in and stopped the drone. I paused the mission, and found I could back up, yaw, but NOT change altitude. Really peeved about that. I wanted to manually fly under the bridge again as I had done earlier, but until I stopped the mission, I couldn't change altitude.

So let me get this this right, you want to be able to fly a mission, but change altitude on the fly.

A mission is a preprogrammed set of instructions sent to the quad which are then followed. You can pause a mission or cancel it but not make changes to it once started

Just because you frame a mission with the neat Litchi cable cam does not mean it will repeat either the framing or location exactly.

Must remember that altitudes from GPS are not that precise. Mission to mission height and horizontal location are going to vary, some days more than others. Best I would hope for is 5 or 6 feet some days even that is not the result I see; YMMV.

OK guys I have removed several post in this lets keep it civil .

IMG_7921.jpg

Reactions: parkgt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest