DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi mission waypoint but always focus on the building.

jaysrmc

Reactions
Hey guys and litchi experts.
I have a commercial job tomorrow that is a bit different.

They want me to do a half moon type shape around the front of their building.
I watch the drone to always face the building but not sure I did it right. Here is my mission screen shot but I am not sure what option in litchi under heading to choose so that the camera is always looking at the building. Here is my mission and settings. Any idea if this is correct?

Attachments

• litchi.JPG
    litchi.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 60
  • litchi.JPG
    litchi.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 57
  • settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 56
Yes. I don't think you need that many waypoints or POIs though? But it should still work. Also, did you set your POI height? Maybe 6-10 feet?

Yes. I don't think you need that many waypoints or POIs though? But it should still work. Also, did you set your POI height? Maybe 6-10 feet?

Yeah I set them low. I'll make another with less to try both.

it seems like everyone mission I do the camera goes up and down
Hi,

The reason your gimbal tilt is going up and down is because you have your wp heights different from your POI height. As the distance between the WP and POI varies, the tilt angle changes. If you make them all 5m then it looks a lot better.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to look at with this mission, but if you are simply trying to inspect the sides of the building then I think you can simplify the whole thing like this :

Mission Hub - Litchi

In this mission, the gimbal is fixed horizontal the whole time. The mission is very short so it is probably better to reduce the cruising speed in VLM Settings to 4km/hr so that you can blink before it is all over!

N

You will probably see more of the face of the building if you fly a little higher like this :

Mission Hub - Litchi

I have changed the path to fly in straight lines rather than along the road so make sure to check the height of the trees and street lights!

N

Hi,

The reason your gimbal tilt is going up and down is because you have your wp heights different from your POI height. As the distance between the WP and POI varies, the tilt angle changes. If you make them all 5m then it looks a lot better.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to look at with this mission, but if you are simply trying to inspect the sides of the building then I think you can simplify the whole thing like this :

Mission Hub - Litchi

In this mission, the gimbal is fixed horizontal the whole time. The mission is very short so it is probably better to reduce the cruising speed in VLM Settings to 4km/hr so that you can blink before it is all over!

N
Thanks. Yes all I want is the front and side of the building.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livewire